Palm Setup Help

MMAD

My first problem is that when I receive the e-mailed GPX pocket query file my Yahoo account claims a virus has been detected and won't download the attachement and my ISP account strips the attachment due to 'unsafe attachments' I have tried this on my computer at home and at work. No joy.

My second problem is when I download the Plucker desktop setup and click on it it claims 'the setup files are corrupted' I tried to download this several times as well as one of the archived files with the same results

I have Windows XP and Norton Antivirus running

Thanks in advance

Dan

I'm a plucker/GPX Spinner person myself and recommend them. I recall having the same corrupted file problem. I wound up using the BitTorrent option for the download and have been able to pull down the program a couple times with no problems now. It does require installing the BitTorrent client which is pretty straight forward and is transparent in use.

Once installed the Plucker/GPX Spinner combo gives me just what I wanted to see. I have not tried CacheMate but know it also seems pretty popular. On the downside, it require registration to allow some of the features while Plucker is free. Only a savings of 7 bucks but nice nver the less.

BTW, I found CYBret's page on paperless geocaching (and his other pages too) to be handy in getting started with Plucker and GPX Spinner. Take a look at: http://home.mchsi.com/~b.hammond/paperless.html.

Thanks for all the help, I got the GPX file sent zipped, that worked and down loaded the Plucker from the uk source, followed CYBret's instructions and BAM it all works, on my Palm and no more paper for danny boy, see ya caching!

Thanks again

Dan

I have not tried CacheMate but know it also seems pretty popular. On the downside, it require registration to allow some of the features while Plucker is free. Only a savings of 7 bucks but nice nver the less.

It used to be you had to register to get GPX file import, which made it hard to evaluate. Now it only allows 10 caches without registration, so you can give it a much better eval now.

I think a Spinner/Plucker person is just someone who hasn't tried CacheMate :P

Seriously, the only downside to CM is that you do have to pay $7 to get full use and you have to be a Premium member of CG to get the GPX files it uses.