Inertia

Have you noticed that if you stop when your GPS says 0.0 feet, the number will start going up as if it expects you to keep going? Since it takes a few seconds for the GPSr to realize your change in velocity, you should eyeball the zero-spot when you'e still 20-30 feet away and stop watching your GPSr.

It could just be me. But mine goes sidways when I stop fast

This is a perfect example of why the SUV manufacturers will be changing their designs this year, because SUV's go over other cars. Their bumpers are so high compared to say the driver's side window, so look for lower designs in SUV's.

The reason SUV's are so high is for off-road clearance. However, since most people who buy SUV's never go off-road, it won't matter.

I am one of the exceptions, though...I do drive my SUV off-road. Frequently.

This is a perfect example of why the SUV manufacturers will be changing their designs this year, because SUV's go over other cars.  Their bumpers are so high compared to say the driver's side window, so look for lower designs in SUV's.

The reason SUV's are so high is for off-road clearance. However, since most people who buy SUV's never go off-road, it won't matter.

Drifting off the right side of the road because you're drunk doesn't count as off road driving.

Edited by Criminal

Drifting off the right side of the road because you're drunk doesn't count as off road driving.

It counts in New Mexico! :D

The only thing I rememeber about Driving in NM is doing 90 down I-25 near Elephant Butte Lake and having the state trooper wave as he crused past.

I fell asleep in the fog once, and woke up in the middle of the Arkansas River....or was it the Ninnesca?  Which brings up a further off-topic question:  Do you need a fishing license to take home "road-kill" catfish?

Yes. The laws are the same reguarding road-kill venison and elk. Just ask your local fish-and-game department.

This would fall on the 'easier to ask permission than beg forgiveness' side of the fence.

I fell asleep in the fog once, and woke up in the middle of the Arkansas River....or was it the Ninnesca?  Which brings up a further off-topic question:  Do you need a fishing license to take home "road-kill" catfish?

Yes. The laws are the same reguarding road-kill venison and elk. Just ask your local fish-and-game department.

This would fall on the 'easier to ask permission than beg forgiveness' side of the fence.

Considering game licenses run under $100 in most states for residents, and the fine for poaching is often well over $1000 plus jail-time, I'd have to agree.

This is a perfect example of why the SUV manufacturers will be changing their designs this year, because SUV's go over other cars.  Their bumpers are so high compared to say the driver's side window, so look for lower designs in SUV's.

I'm completetely dumbfounded by this statement. Make sure the new design has plenty of room for bling-bling and subwoofers.

BTW what ever happened to station wagons? That's what kids rode to football practice in when I was a kid.

BTW BTW I hardly ever get my FJ on-road. :D

This is a perfect example of why the SUV manufacturers will be changing their designs this year, because SUV's go over other cars. Their bumpers are so high compared to say the driver's side window, so look for lower designs in SUV's.

Right, it's not the people behind the wheel who make them go over other cars, SUV's go over other cars all by themselves. :D

seems you derailed it when you started answering questions about hunting licenses.

did you even look to see what the links were about?

Yes, I did check out those links.

This thread was doing just fine until Sparky said 'But, ya know, if ya hit'em just right, they fillet themselves through the radiator and fan, then cook quite nicely on the exhaust headers! ' :D

Right, it's not the people behind the wheel who make them go over other cars, SUV's go over other cars all by themselves. :D

It's not the SUVs going over the cars. It's the cars trying to go under the SUVs!

So Let's raise the height of the cars.

I was real happy, sitting in my living room, minding my own business when I got the feeling that I was needed in here.

lets try to get the topic back on course. Play nice, it's a big sandbox.

(on a side note. if someone can tell me what the topic is it would be helpful.)

Just funnin ---thought he was an electrician till I checked on origin of name. It was supposed to be an inside joke between electricians and my trade.---my mistake.

I'm surprised. You closed my last thread before asking what the topic was. :D

This post consists of several possible topics, partly explained by its name, Inertia.

One, of course, is the original picture. It is humorous, and invites others to make up a caption for it. Several people have come up with captions already.

Inertia also says that once going, the topic will continue on its own. It will be able to stay on topic unless someone really tries to derail it. Once it started heading that direction, I was able to put it back on track, before you woke up from your nap. :D

The picture also highlights the inherent danger involved with navigating solely by GPS. This is the main point of the topic. Some cachers (yes, it is about geocaching) bury their nose in their GPS expecting it to find the cache for them. :D

With the accuracy of the searcher's device and that of the hider's device (both of which will vary on any given day), this approach will, more often than not, fail to lead them directly to the cache. :D When someone relies on this technology to such a degree, accidents can (and will) happen.

The picture illustrates the danger of such reliance on technology. Too many people don't use common sense when venturing outdoors. I would hate for some newbie Geocacher to think that they are invincible just by wielding a GPSr. (i.e. I can't get lost when I have one of these)

Whenever heading out into the great outdoors, let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return. No one will send a search party if they don't know you're missing.

Who would have thought I would have posted something so deep? But then, a picture says a thousand words, right? :D

I'm surprised. You closed my last thread before asking what the topic was. :D

This post consists of several possible topics, partly explained by its name, Inertia.

One, of course, is the original picture. It is humorous, and invites others to make up a caption for it. Several people have come up with captions already.

Inertia also says that once going, the topic will continue on its own. It will be able to stay on topic unless someone really tries to derail it. Once it started heading that direction, I was able to put it back on track, before you woke up from your nap. :D

The picture also highlights the inherent danger involved with navigating solely by GPS. This is the main point of the topic. Some cachers (yes, it is about geocaching) bury their nose in their GPS expecting it to find the cache for them. :D

With the accuracy of the searcher's device and that of the hider's device (both of which will vary on any given day), this approach will, more often than not, fail to lead them directly to the cache. :D When someone relies on this technology to such a degree, accidents can (and will) happen.

The picture illustrates the danger of such reliance on technology. Too many people don't use common sense when venturing outdoors. I would hate for some newbie Geocacher to think that they are invincible just by wielding a GPSr. (i.e. I can't get lost when I have one of these)

Whenever heading out into the great outdoors, let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return. No one will send a search party if they don't know you're missing.

Who would have thought I would have posted something so deep? But then, a picture says a thousand words, right? :D

O.k...I'm not real bright. everyone here will atest to that. You make good points, that are topics within themselves. I just fail to see what the pic has to do with most of them...besides the humor of it. Once again, just call me dense.

El Diablo

I thought he was talking about his gpsr saying he was still moving when he stopped walking, thus it still kept moving from inertia while he wasn't.

On my second find I was hauling down this closed road and didn't check my coordinates close enough till I was past the cache and half way to a beaver pond at the bottom. Made a note to myself to SLOW DOWN. now I don't have a problem with inertia.

How's that did i stay on topic?