Microsoft Mappoint Maps In Europe

astrandb

The trick will be figuring out on which caches it should be implemented.

That should not be too difficult. All cache descriptions contain information on Country/State. If the cache is situated in any of the european countries the EUR version should be used. MapPoint has not detailed maps for all european countries today but that is no problem since the default low-res map will then be displayed.

/Åke S

Hey! That's great! Hopefully they can implement the L=EUR& thing in the Mappoint link in the cache pages too. Thanks for the information!

The trick will be figuring out on which caches it should be implemented.

I'm not sure, but the answer may be on European caches (L=EUR&), or maybe even caches outside the US. Maybe the implementation can be done with the country code used by Gc.com.

MapPoint currently supports street level data in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.

However, there is no danger to use &L=EUR for all countries in Europe since the default low-res map will be shown if the country is not supported.

/Åke S

As I key off the "country" element, and as the default *must* be to *not* have the "L=EUR" passed, I have added the value specifically to the map link in Watcher for Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. As soon as the new release passes final testing, you'll have it.

If there are any other map links (or countries to specify for existing map links), just let me know, and thanks for the info on this one.