The Wife Took The GPSr Away!

I was all set to find some caches yesterday while I was out shopping. I updated my Pocket Query and had the kids wear warm clothes. But then, I discovered a problem - I couldn't find my GPSr! :)

I looked around the house, in the truck (Geo-Tank) and even in her car. Alas, it was not there. :D

Dejected, I proceeded to do the Christmas shopping (Can't start shopping until the first day of winter, did you know?) :D

It's one thing to cart the kids around from cache to cache. It's not bad taking them from cache to store to cache. They really get on your nerves when it's store to store to store. :D

Then, I remembered seeing a sale ad for a GPSr in the newspaper. Oshman's was selling a Magellan 310 for $49!!! I could pick one up and enter the coordinates from my PDA and go find the 2 or 3 nearby caches! All was not lost! I would be able to cache today! :):):)

Who needs a nap? I bribed the kids with getting a Sprite from McDonald's so they wouldn't mutiny. I drove across town to Oshman's, not seeing a single McDonald's on the way. I thought there was one on every street corner?!? I had to drive right by the sporting goods store, hoping they didn't run out of cheap GPSr's.

What's that up ahead? I giant yellow '/\/\'! Yes! I could get a drink for the kids and hurry back to Oshman's! ;)

Then I saw the cars.

You expect to see other cars around, especially at Christmas time. You also expect to see other cars around McDonalds. Moreso this time of year, since it's full of Dads stopping to get something to keep their kids quiet. I just didn't expect to see that many cars! :P I decided that I needed a GPSr more than I needed a wrapped McToy, heck, with the GPSr I could go find a McToy.

I drove to Arby's.

This will be easy, there's only one car ahead of me. I wait.

I'm still waiting.

I can see McDonald's from here. I don't recognize any of the cars in the drive-thru from when I was over there.

I wait some more.

Finally, the clerk reaches out the window with a single bag and hands it to the guy in front of me. I think, 'What the H-E-double hockey sticks could have taken so long to put one sandwich in that bag???' veryangry.gif

It takes all of two seconds to get my order once I get to the window, then I'm off to Oshman's :D

I get the kids out of the truck, put the youngest in the shopping cart, and proceed to hunt around for the sale items. They don't make neat displays of sales items here like they do at WallyWorld, so I actually have to ask for directions :D The friendly sales clerk informs me, 'We didn't get any of those in'

WHAT???

It's an outrage!veryangry.gif How can they run an ad like that enticing us first-day-of-winter shoppers into the store and then not have the item in stock???

The kids start crying, thinking they did something wrong, expecting the wrath of an angry daddy :P so I rush out of the store and take them home for their nap after all.

All this, and the wife wonders why I'm always on the forums instead of going out somewhere.... :D

At least I picked up some Christmas lights at Home Depot for 40 cents a box! :D

But when did you find out the wife took your GPSr? Or did you assume? She probably called ahead and told them to hide the ones for sale at Oshmans.

-Jen

I usually 'hide' one of her presents and had been hinting at making her use the GPSr to find it this year. I think she's gone and done that to me (or course, I like that sort of thing). When I asked her where she put the GPSr, she pretended not to know (I can tell when she's lying)

Yeah, Dean did that to me last Christmas. Made a multi so I had to go all over the woods at my Grandma's to find my ammo can O'stuff. Everybody else got to stay inside and be warm, but noooooo, I had to go search outside in the wind and cold.

I hope she hid your presents really well. Dean's are gonna be up a mountain this year. And his warm socks and coat are gonna be right next to them. ;)

Merry Christmas to you & your family!

-Jennifer

I usually 'hide' one of her presents and had been hinting at making her use the GPSr to find it this year. I think she's gone and done that to me (or course, I like that sort of thing). When I asked her where she put the GPSr, she pretended not to know (I can tell when she's lying)

OK, at least it sounds like her intentions are good! I was worried when I first saw the topic heading!

OK, at least it sounds like her intentions are good! I was worried when I first saw the topic heading!

Her intentions were good? Why you little yellow....Pikachu!

This is why you should always carry a fully loaded survival pack. Getting stuck holiday traffic can be as remote as the Australian outback. I've heard of people dying form dehydration (or a full bladder) 50 yards from a gas station.

I usually get stuck behind the person who decides to wait to turn left into a long line of unmoving cars.

But when did you find out the wife took your GPSr?  Or did you assume?  She probably called ahead and told them to hide the ones for sale at Oshmans. 

-Jen

My wife is very good at the hiding thing, too. Last year she had me running all over the house, garage, and back yard to find a big banner taped up inside the closet door that said, "Dude, you're getting a Dell!" for the new computer she got me! Thank God she hasn't learned how to use the GPSr yet, or I'd really be in for it. Hmmmm.....maybe she just might have to learn to use it afterall! ;)

But when did you find out the wife took your GPSr?  Or did you assume?  She probably called ahead and told them to hide the ones for sale at Oshmans. 

-Jen

My wife is very good at the hiding thing, too. Last year she had me running all over the house, garage, and back yard to find a big banner taped up inside the closet door that said, "Dude, you're getting a Dell!" for the new computer she got me! Thank God she hasn't learned how to use the GPSr yet, or I'd really be in for it. Hmmmm.....maybe she just might have to learn to use it afterall! ;)

That's just it though, she doesn't know how to work the GPSr. I'm the one always holding it when we go caching. She doesn't understand all the buttons and features. It's even falling apart, so it's hard to use. I need to send it in for repair.

Best case, I suppose, is that she bought me a new one and has already sent the old one in.

Her intentions were good? Why you little yellow....Pikachu!

Pika! :) Hey, maybe she got you a cool new GPS with all the bells and whistles and is hiding it right now!

That would be sweet!

I think I'm getting a new table saw though. Yay for power tools!

You have time for woodworking!!! I'm thinking about selling most of my stuff, it's just gathering dust since I got my GPS last Christmas.

Still theres nothing like lighting up a 5Hp, 1/2' chuck, plunge router to boost the testostrone level.

You all make me laugh. Everyone of you is so far off its not even funny!  I can't wait til he finds out what really happened to it.  If I could only tell you all with out him finding out you all could be laughing right now too!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this one. It is the mystery of the Saxman's GPS! Cue creepy and mysterious music...... :)

You all make me laugh. Everyone of you is so far off its not even funny! :) I can't wait til he finds out what really happened to it. :) If I could only tell you all with out him finding out you all could be laughing right now too!!!!!!!!

This should be really good!! I hope he needs a GPS to find it!! :)

Wanna really make him NUTS, hide his keyboard for a few days! :)

You all make me laugh.  Everyone of you is so far off its not even funny! :) I can't wait til he finds out what really happened to it. :) If I could only tell you all with out him finding out you all could be laughing right now too!!!!!!!!

I would but unfortunately I would have to hide the whole computer cause we have a lap top. Oh wait that wouldnt be such a bad idea. :D

Uh oh... I've created a monster!!

Created? He deserves this. One year when we lived in Co. he had me going in and out of the house following clues. To make it worse we had a suprise snow storm on christmas eve that year. The only thing I have done to him is I wraped a box of rocks with a key to his sisters car taped to one of them and he had to get it out of her trunk. Oh no he had to walk all of about 50 yard to get it cause she didn't park in the driveway like I thought she would. Oh and that was when we were living in San Diego you know 70-75 on Christmas morning at like 10 in the morning. No snow in sight.

If any of you have some more good ideas you can PM me we will all gang up on him make him pay for torturing you all an me. :)

You all make me laugh.  Everyone of you is so far off its not even funny! :) I can't wait til he finds out what really happened to it. :) If I could only tell you all with out him finding out you all could be laughing right now too!!!!!!!!

I would but unfortunately I would have to hide the whole computer cause we have a lap top. Oh wait that wouldnt be such a bad idea. :D

Please contact the forum moderators immediately. We have a business proposition for you.

Please contact the forum moderators immediately. We have a business proposition for you.

What kind of deal are we talking about?

I have posted this over in the separate forum for the Groundspeak moderators, and quickly obtained agreement from ten of them, including myself, to each donate 10% of our salaries to you in exchange for your agreement to keep SaxMan away from the computer for six months. You would regain your husband's attention, if this is something that you find appealing, and in addition you would in essence be paid the same amount as any other moderator, yet you would have to do nothing at all except to live with the SaxMan.

She already beat you to it, which is what brought me to this topic.

This topic?

I was going to ask how we were going to deal with all of the "Can you tell my husband GPSaxophone to stop posting" 'reports' we've been getting.

Any suggestions, "Sax mans wife?"

Getting those light for 40 cents a box what a deal.

Can you post a picture of your place, I am having vision of the movie Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase.

My lights...Not quite Christmas Vacation material yet...but I'll have 20,000 next year!

How many lights before it can be approved as an event cache...?

When she gets home, are you going to tell her that the salary of a Groundspeak forum moderator is ZERO? 'Cuz that's where my little business proposition falls flat on its face.

For a price, though, I'll keep that a secret and you can have the last laugh.

I would, but she already knew that from prior discussions with approvers.

I have posted this over in the separate forum for the Groundspeak moderators, and quickly obtained agreement from ten of them, including myself, to each donate 10% of our salaries to you in exchange for your agreement to keep SaxMan away from the computer for six months. You would regain your husband's attention, if this is something that you find appealing, and in addition you would in essence be paid the same amount as any other moderator, yet you would have to do nothing at all except to live with the SaxMan.

Hmmm.... just what the doctor ordered!! :)

I'm interested too. If you could test those boundaries of what a wife will tolerate, it would make my life so much easier.  :)

Less bruises and pain too, no?

Yea, well you'd think experience is the best teacher, but even I'm surprised at how many mistakes I still make. But at least I've reached the point where I can say "Dang, glad I didn't do that.......... (first)".

Edited by TeamX40
I'm interested too. If you could test those boundaries of what a wife will tolerate, it would make my life so much easier. :)

Well, if its a question of how much time you spend on the computer with geocaching stuff then let me tell you that they will deal with all of the BS. I say they but I guess I can only speak for my own and say that she is very resilient.

I'm interested too. If you could test those boundaries of what a wife will tolerate, it would make my life so much easier.  :)

Well, if its a question of how much time you spend on the computer with geocaching stuff then let me tell you that they will deal with all of the BS. I say they but I guess I can only speak for my own and say that she is very resilient.

Well, I do half of my forum-lurking at work. If I did any more from home, I think she might object :)

Ok, ok....she does object. I can get away with 50 posts a day, but she didn't like me hitting 100 posts the other day