New Years Celebration

woof n lulu

Just wonder how everyone is planing on spending their New Years celebration.

The town where we live puts on a main street party, and usually has a country western star entertain. They put up tents, and have burning barrels to sit around, visit, and keep warm. There is a lighted ball that adorns the refinery tower, and at midnight it makes its way up the tower.

A Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Years to everyone !

Wray Clan wrote:

I won't be doing that

What's wrong? No snow or no sense of adventure?

I'll cook a big NY strip steak on the grill and be in bed by 9:00 p.m.

I know it's boring, but I rang in too many New Years I don't remember, so now I stay home and sleep through all the partying. Probably won't have any snow anyway!

Edited by Woodbutcher68
I like the idea for steak, but I was thinking of going to the movies.

Heck, just combine the two for a New Years you'll remember for the rest of your life! :unsure:

I burned way too many brain cells in the past on New Year's Eve, so now I'm mostly into damage control mode. Probably sit with the wife in the dark staring at the candles on the shelf, listening to soft music. Pretty wild, huh? B)

You can bet that I won't be in here anywhere near midnight central time.

I have a tradition of spending New Year's Day in a fetal position, holding my head, and whimpering like a wee girl somewhere. Later in the day my friends usually find me, give me back my clothes, and try to get me to eat something. (OK! I just realized why the guys at work call me "Frank the Tank.") It's only once a year...I swear... B)

Sn :unsure:B) gans

You can bet that I won't be in here anywhere near midnight central time.

I have a tradition of spending New Year's Day in a fetal position, holding my head, and whimpering like a wee girl somewhere. Later in the day my friends usually find me, give me back my clothes, and try to get me to eat something. (OK! I just realized why the guys at work call me "Frank the Tank.") It's only once a year...I swear... :unsure:

Sn B)B) gans

And is that one of you milder days Snoogans? bwwwwwwwwwaaahaaaaa

i will be doing the same thing i do every year. about 11:30 i go out in my garage with what's left of the bottle of champagne i always have. then i turn on the heater, the tv, and open one of the doors. (yes the "Garage Mahal" has a tv.) then i listen at midnight to all the automatic weapons fire i hear coming from the big city near my house. sometimes i feel like there is a war going on close by. i'm glad the roof is thick, those bullets have to come down somewhere. :o

i will be doing the same thing i do every year. about 11:30 i go out in my garage with what's left of the bottle of champagne i always have. then i turn on the heater, the tv, and open one of the doors. (yes the "Garage Mahal" has a tv.) then i listen at midnight to all the automatic weapons fire i hear coming from the big city near my house. sometimes i feel like there is a war going on close by. i'm glad the roof is thick, those bullets have to come down somewhere. :o

On average, 7 people are killed in New York City by errant bullets fired into the air on New Year's Eve.

Sparky Clavin

Oooh, I got an idea for the perfect night, not for the conservative type like myself though.

Out to the movies, and then a nice steak, AND THEN, out to the closest cache, NAKED....

Like I said, way to radical for me...

But maybe Sax might like to try...

Hmmm...closest cache is 1/3 mile from my house...overnight low of 16 degrees...

Can I wear my shoes? (there's rocks on the trail to my cache) :o

Well I was going to go to a hockey game, and then probably hit the local street bash. This thread reminded me to check on tickets, and I now see they're sold out. So I'm probably not going to do anything. I'll probably sit and play Everquest all night.

Edit: typo

Edited by Mr. 0

Well, we had a romantic getaway planned, but the "better (best) half" of this geocaching team deployed to Iran yesterday as part of the Virignia Task Force One Rescue & Recovery Team. She won't be home until after the start of 2004...so I'll delay the getaway, and the romance until she returns. Happy New Year to all of you.

Regards,

Bill

Well, we had a romantic getaway planned, but the "better (best) half" of this geocaching team deployed to Iran yesterday as part of the Virignia Task Force One Rescue & Recovery Team. She won't be home until after the start of 2004...so I'll delay the getaway, and the romance until she returns. Happy New Year to all of you.

Regards,

Bill

Best wishes and a safe return for the "better" half. She will be in our hearts and prayers. Happy New Year.

i will be doing the same thing i do every year.  about 11:30 i go out in my garage with what's left of the bottle of champagne i always have.  then i turn on the heater, the tv, and open one of the doors.  (yes the "Garage Mahal" has a tv.)  then i listen at midnight to all the automatic weapons fire i hear coming from the big city near my house.  sometimes i feel like there is a war going on close by.  i'm glad the roof is thick, those bullets have to come down somewhere. :blink:

On average, 7 people are killed in New York City by errant bullets fired into the air on New Year's Eve.

Sparky Clavin

at last! some one who is interested in knowing the important facts of living like me. my husband says my mind if full of useless facts, but i feel nothing is useless. do you like trivial pursuit? i feel no fact is useless. to keep on topic. new years eve. ;)

Check out my cache in the Alps at

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=59363

I was there 2 years ago for "Silvester Nacht" B) . Everyone eats loads of rich meat ;) , cooked in a fondue pot at the table, and drinks vast amounts :blink: . At midnight there's a hunt in the snow for the "lost" :mad: bottle of champagne. Altitude almost 1 mile high :( , temperature -15 degrees B) . Then everyone's up at dawn skiing. This year I won't even be in Scotland... ;)

Get naked and jump in the snow.

I would consider doing something crazy like that if there was snow here.

I don't have any plans. Will probably stare at the TV or see who is in geocaching chat.

I have snow at my place. *wink* *wink*

Being the happily married guy that I am, I'll have to live vicariously through Bender and DeskJockey.

But it may snow here tonight ... Honey? ...

Get naked and jump in the snow.

I would consider doing something crazy like that if there was snow here.

I don't have any plans. Will probably stare at the TV or see who is in geocaching chat.

I have snow at my place. *wink* *wink*

Being the happily married guy that I am, I'll have to live vicariously through Bender and DeskJockey.

But it may snow here tonight ... Honey? ...

We'll keep you clued in!

Bender

And a Happy New Years....

One beautiful December evening Huan Cho and his girlfriend Jung Lee were

sitting by the side of the ocean. It was a romantic full moon, when Huan Cho

said "Hey baby, let's play Weeweechu."

"Oh no, not now, lets look at the moon" said Jung Lee.

"Oh, c'mon baby, let's you and I play Weeweechu. I love you and its the perfect

time," Huan Cho Begged.

"But I rather just hold your hand and watch the moon."

"Please Jung Lee, just once play Weeweechu with me."

Jung Lee looked at Huan Cho and said, "OK, we'll play Weeweechu."

Huan Cho grabbed his guitar and they both sang..... "Weeweechu a merry

Christmas, Weeweechu a merry Christmas, Weeweechu a merry Christmas, and

a happy

New Year."

And so do I !!!!!

AND YOU JUST KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO BE SOMETHING ELSE

;)

Go Geocaching, Go to swimming practice for 3 hours, go to lifegaurding (work), ride my bike 50 some odd miles tommorro, Go to bed and dream of ammo cans, altoids containers, dream about swimming (my life), dream about more cycling (the rest of my life) wake up go to 2 hour swim practice, go for 80 someodd mile bike ride, go to anouther 3hour swim practice, go geocaching (what I do in my spare time from my before mentioned life.

Well I have to ammend my last posted plans for New Years Eve. While paying no attention at all to my numbers :blink: I somehow managed to reach the 49th cache mark today without realizing it. So tomorrow, On the last day of this great year I will find my 50th cache. WooHoo! Now I just have to pick out a really special one....any suggestions for Southwest Ohio for my 50th find?

hey there wildearth2001, get a l(w)ife

What do you mean??? I have a life, swimming and cycling (and im a teenager what else am I supposed to do).

I think he implied that when you get a spouse all the fun will end and you will live out the rest of your miserable self loathing days in the trecherous monotony of monogomy lusting for things you'll never have while some souless soul-vacum of a spouse drains every single drop of energy from your weaking spiritless body. Of course I could be projecting my own issues, no really, marriage is great...everyone should do it. (Somebody kill me, please!) :blink:

What do you mean??? I have a life, swimming and cycling (and im a teenager what else am I supposed to do).

I think he implied that when you get a spouse all the fun will end and you will live out the rest of your miserable self loathing days in the trecherous monotony of monogomy lusting for things you'll never have while some souless soul-vacum of a spouse drains every single drop of energy from your weaking spiritless body. Of course I could be projecting my own issues, no really, marriage is great...everyone should do it. (Somebody kill me, please!) :blink:

Two things:

1) Misery loves company, and

2) If you're married then live vicariously through these forums.

Two things:

1) Misery loves company, and

2) If you're married then live vicariously through these forums.

If by vicariously you mean a certain part of my anatomy I'll pass.

1. This monitor was way to expensive.

2. Pretty sure it would F me back with 120 volts.

:blink:

P.S. - I think that would be considered cheating..

P.S.S - If I just pretended that I "lived vicariously through these forums" could I log it as a virtual?

Edited by Johnnie Stalkers

I think he implied that when you get a spouse all the fun will end and you will live out the rest of your miserable self loathing days in the trecherous monotony of monogomy lusting for things you'll never have while some souless soul-vacum of a spouse drains every single drop of energy from your weaking spiritless body. Of course I could be projecting my own issues, no really, marriage is great...everyone should do it. (Somebody kill me, please!) :bad:

Tell us how you really feel, JS! :blink::D:bad::D:D

O.K., the lovely and sweet Ani didn't see this post. She isn't the one I spoke of and out of respect for her I need to clarify. Any of you who have gone through a divorce know what a horrible experience it can be. The sacred bond of marriage is and can be a magnificent thing, but it takes work and understanding. It's hard work for me to say "get off your lazy butt and come geocaching". It's understanding that gives me the knowledge that she will make my cache experience horribly unpleasing (understanding sent in the form of a plate slung at my head). Give and take. She gives me crap and I take it, all the way to the bar up the street. Go ahead all you teenage, starry eyed teenage saps, get married and join the rest of us in the big H. :blink:

So, which cache should be our 50th? We HAVE to do it tomorrow.

O.K., the lovely and sweet Ani didn't see this post.  She isn't the one I spoke of and out of respect for her I need to clarify.  Any of you who have gone through a divorce know what a horrible experience it can be.  The sacred bond of marriage is and can be a magnificent thing, but it takes work and understanding.  It's hard work for me to say "get off your lazy butt and come geocaching".  It's understanding that gives me the knowledge that she will make my cache experience horribly unpleasing (understanding sent in the form of a plate slung at my head).  Give and take.  She gives me crap and I take it, all the way to the bar up the street.  Go ahead all you teenage, starry eyed teenage saps, get married and join the rest of us in the big H.  :blink: 

So, which cache should be our 50th?  We HAVE to do it tomorrow.

Is there a cache called "Marriage is H-e-double hockeysticks" in your area? Sounds like that might be appropriate.

BTW, on divorces AND New Years (how's that for on-topic?): My ex-witch used to get drunk(er) by 8pm and pass out every year on New Years. Which was a change from every other night of the year when she'd wait till 9pm to pass out drunk. Then I'd have to get the evil step-demons to help me carry her out on the porch so she wouldn't puke all night in the middle of the living room floor.

I'm going to have a little coffee and Bailey's with the new loving wife this year, and that'll be just fine! :bad:

Edited by Sparky-Watts