Stupid Newbie Question - Trade What?

Jaycosauras

A better stop might be a dollar store. They have lots of good trade stuff and each item is ... One Dollar.

Take a few minutes and walk around the store and pick up items that are small enough to fit in a cache and either kids or adults might be interested in. I found a small FM radio recently as well as packaged toys, cork coasters, a sewing kit, and other such items that will work well.

I know you are in the western Washington area and I can point you to two stores close to each other near Renton if that will help. Email me if you want those directions, I will be online for the next few hours at least.

Be sure to also check the cache hiding guidelines for trade goods that are not a good idea. Food or other scented stuff, for example, attracts animals, and some land managers are uncomfortable with knives and similar items in caches, to the point that the sport has been banned in their area.

There's plenty of other possiblities, fortunately.

..... I'm gathering up firewood now,.....

Firewood isn't a good trading item. Besides the weight it won't fit in most cache containers.

Small dollar store items are good, but unusual items in the same 'price range' are better IMHO. People tend to start trading the same stuff from dollar stores here, it's a treat to find some item that the dollar stores don't carry.

Well, I actually haven't figured out where I am going to caching tomorrow... Someplace in Victoria BC Canada or the area... But what would I need to bring in trade? <grin> I think THAT is the big question!!!

I figure that it would depend if she was like Rosanne from the tv show of same name or if she looks like Sarah Michelle Geller < Buffy the Vampire Slayer> I would probably need less for the first, and LOTS for the second...