The Official Welcome Thread.

Snoogans

On texasgeocaching.com we have an entire Welcome Forum. It's a nice way to say hello and give some friendly encouragement to new members of our board. Our "Welcome!" thread is well into its 28th page.

I just noticed that the newest member listing on the front page of the forums is clipping along at a pretty good pace. In the time it took me to decide to start this topic we got at least 3 new members. (In the space of 5 minutes!)

So a big WELCOME from me to all the new members!

Welcome Smyles, jilian, jinzo, Tylrsail, and the rest. (Man, new members are pouring in. A NEW NAME ALMOST EVERY TIME I HIT REFRESH!!!)

I enjoyed Smyles first log entry. It was kinda cool to read it to myself in a British accent. (I'm guessing a small torch that you left is a flashlight?)

COME ON! Get on this thread and welcome them aboard!

Sn ;):) gans

I have been having a good time looking up the new profiles and seeing their first few logs. I particularly like the British logs for some reason. I think I'll be spending more time lookin at the British cache pages.

Try to welcome them by name. It's more personal.

Welcome! sf troop!

Sn ;):) gans

Hi and welcome to all the new cachers. This is a good idea. Surprising no one has done this before. :)

Well, I see your point. Sorry, I almost never go into the "Getting Started Forum."

The point of this thread is to get established members to welcome others by name rather than asking new members step up and say "Hi." There's also the lurker thread for that.

Sometimes a personal welcome makes all the difference......

Welcome cacheseekerstoo!

Sn :P;) gans

Welcome Compton All Saints Pupils

(Our members have made a total of 473,594 posts

We have 15,421 registered members

The newest member is Compton All Saints Pupils)

Biography:

Compton All Saints' Church of England Primary School is a small village school in the south of England. There are about 115 children arranged in four classes.

Hobbies:

The children have a wide range of hobbies from dancing, singing and playing musical instruments to football, horse riding and cricket.

(Most users ever online was 193 on Jan 5 2004, 04:00 PM)