My Travel Bug Story

Planet

My Travel Bug Story

I went to Vermont for the holidays. I got to stay in Manchester with the bryno and go out to dinner. After dinner we stopped at Mulligans for an after dinner beverage or two. The bryno went off to talk to a friend and I sat at our table playing with my GPS. After a few minutes this woman at the next table says to me "Do you play those GPS games?" I said "You mean geocaching?" and moved over to her table to tell her about it. She told me that she found out about geocaching by doing a google search on her daughter's name. Her daughter and a friend had been killed in a boating accident by a drunk boater, who was her captain, and the daughter's friends had put a travel bug out in her memory, and the mother found the web page for the bug in her search. The woman is from NY, not far from me. I've emailed the friends of the daughter that put the bug out, asking if it's ok to give the mom the link to their profile, and will put the two in touch with each other. I also told the mom that, if I can, I will grab the bug and then e-mail her and she and I can go place it together somewhere. She was a really nice woman with a great sense of humor and she liked that idea very much. Geocaching brings people together. I have asked Mopar if he could grab the bug and head it this way towards me.

The Travel Bug page is here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=47731

The story of the accident is here: http://www.timesreview.com/sir08-28-03/stories/news3.htm

If anyone out there reads this and gets this bug, can you head it over to CT so I can arrange to get it, and meet up with Heather's Mom? I will post a link to this thread on the bug page, and cache page too.

Edited by Planet

How cool is this? GeoHo and Mopar went caching in NJ. They saw a cache that showed Red Right Returning as being in it. They made it their first priority of the day and grabbed the bug and left me a message at home that they have it for me. I was flabbergasted, and excited. I will e-mail Heather's Mom and let her know. Thanks you guys, you're the best!! :huh:

the plan has been to meet up with Heather's Mom, the Peconic Bay Sailors, Mopar and GeoHo, and go place it in one of Ttepee's caches, so far the timing has been off. I took it to FL and back and visited coastal caches, and will try to arrange something soon.