Work Or Forums?

Kitch

I multi-task; my job is only totally demanding during periods of training, or in an emergency. My performance has not suffered in the slightest. To quote Dr. Stephen Covey, this is my "Sharpen the Saw" exercise. I'm totally on the table about it with my boss and the results of the activity are evident. (I lost near 50 lbs geocaching in 2003. Ok, I gained some back during the holidays.) He sees it as support. He's right too.

Heck, I invited my boss to go night caching right after he gave me my performance appraisal. He declined.

Sn ;):lol: gans

as my current position requires me to train teachers in the integration of technology into the school curriculum (including the GPSr) caching and the forums are actually a way to enhance my job skills.

does that mean you got to do a write off for your gps, pda, laptop, gas for caching? All research for work?

as my current position requires me to train teachers in the integration of technology into the school curriculum (including the GPSr) caching and the forums are actually a way to enhance my job skills.

does that mean you got to do a write off for your gps, pda, laptop, gas for caching? All research for work?

actually my laptop, GPS units (10 of 'em) and mapsource software are provided gratis to me by Project InSTEP. If I plan my caching trips and visits to area schools properly I even get milage!

Does it count that I took today off for something else and went and found a cache while I was running errands? ;) Ok, never mind, bad choice of words! I thought it counted towards showing how addicted I am. I just reread my post and realized it really wasn't worded properly.

Imajika made a boo boo! Please ignore her previous post and pretend you never saw it. Thanks and have a great day! :lol:

Does it count that I took today off for something else and went and found a cache while I was running errands? ;) Ok, never mind, bad choice of words! I thought it counted towards showing how addicted I am. I just reread my post and realized it really wasn't worded properly.

Imajika made a boo boo! Please ignore her previous post and pretend you never saw it. Thanks and have a great day! :lol:

There are threads out there about how to tell if you are addicted to geocaching. Fun reading. ;)

I wasn't ragging you, I just didn't understand. ;)

Although I have internet access and I work unsupervised, I'm the kind of guy who believes in responsibility. When you're "on the clock," you should devote 110% of your efforts toward achieving your employer's goal.

I have read (not replied) my email once or twice, though, so I guess I'm still less than perfect.

I have never even peaked at geocaching.com while at work.

Call me old-fashioned.;):lol:

Edited by sept1c_tank
Although I have internet access and I work unsupervised, I'm the kind of guy who believes in responsibility. When you're "on the clock," you should devote 110% of your efforts toward achieving your employer's goal.

I have read (not replied) my email once or twice, though, so I guess I'm still less than perfect.

If you would listen to that one voice and block out the other 9 then you would be able to do that ot work. ;)

Your old-fashioned. (ca ching )

Well, a lot of times I work from the 'remote office' (home) and that makes it really easy to chat. It also makes it easy to catch an early 'sales meeting' (meet the guys at local pub for beer). And its kinda fun to sit around the remote office in your underwear, hair messed-up and talk to customer about their business problems. Thank God video conferencing didn't take off. :rolleyes:

Well, a lot of times I work from the 'remote office' (home) and that makes it really easy to chat. It also makes it easy to catch an early 'sales meeting' (meet the guys at local pub for beer). And its kinda fun to sit around the remote office in your underwear, hair messed-up and talk to customer about their business problems. Thank God video conferencing didn't take off. :rolleyes:

Why? Because they would be in their underwear too. :rolleyes:

I hope I never get in trouble for saying this...but the main reason I started this thread was hoping somebody was worse then me....

I just read all day long....I don't know how I get any work done at all....between this forum and my local state forums.

:rolleyes:

I hope I never get in trouble for saying this...but the main reason I started this thread was hoping somebody was worse then me....

I just read all day long....I don't know how I get any work done at all....between this forum and my local state forums.

:D

Cool! You deserve a promotion if you can read the forums all day at work without being busted. What's your boss's name? I'll put in a good word for ya! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I can relate. I spent the last quarter of 03 working on projects nobody knew we needed. Now I just pull them out when the request comes through. As long as I have the answer when my boss ask's the question every thing is OK. I just pop in between e-mails and fixing problems anyway. Speaking of which why isn't the big machine running? Gotta go.