Starting Bming In British Columbia

xTerraCacher

Apparently (at least I can't find it) there is no formal geocaching.com facility for benchmarking in British Columbia.

I thought I would create a database and try to co-ordinate with geocaching.com to take care of this, but I can't get a list of BMs in BC.

Any suggestions out there on how to compile a database of BM's in British Columbia? I have contacted *the* person in charge of maintaining the provincial governments database, but he says he doesn't have the time nor resources to create a text dump for me, which i can then load into my own database. I can specify online an area from which to download benchmarks, but if I outline an area with more than 70 marks, I can't get them for free, and my local area alone (8 square miles) has more than 70...

Thanx!

I have contacted *the* person in charge of maintaining the provincial governments database, but he says he doesn't have the time nor resources to create a text dump for me,

Is the information even in electronic format? I don't think it's unusual to find it's still just a stack of paper somewhere.

Try one of these sites here

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.js...s%2F13bench.htm

or

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.js....nrcan.gc.ca%2F

the second one should have some info. I found some in Ontario from the federal site.

The Geodetic Survey Division maintains and provides access to the Canadian Spatial Reference System (CSRS) which is based on primary vertical and horizontal networks of groundbased survey control and other georeferencing networks.

Team MickeyDs :D