Magellan 310/315/320/330/330m

JnDallas

Hello! I am new to Geocaching, I just started on 1/1/04 and I am enjoying this very much. I am a Magellan 315 GPS user, and while I had minor problems at first, after upgrading my firmware I found my device to be considerably better. Anyways, I am only posting this to let people in my general area (Rowlett, Texas zipcode 75088) that I have a data cable they can borrow if they feel their unit needs a firmware upgrade. The upgrade takes about 3 min. The software is free. The hardest part is finding a cable. Most stores have begun closing them out or discontinuing them. I could not find one locally, so I went to Ebay. So if 25 people use it, I would feel like I got my monies worth. I am doing this after having to shell out $25 for a cable I only needed to use 1 time. Thought I might save someone some money, and meet fellow geocachers at the same time.

Two websites you need to know:

WWW.MAGELLANGPS.COM

This site will show you how to find out if you GPS needs a firmware update, and if you do, you can download it from them.

WWW.GPSNUTS.COM

These guys are great. If you have ANY question about ANY GPS unit, they got an answer for you.

I suggest you might bookmark these sites. Also, I am frequently found in the following cities. If you feel they may be close enough for you to travel and save a little money, feel frre to contact me. Dallas, Lewisville, Coppel, Irving, Grapevine, Carrollton, Plano, Richardson, Garland, Rowlett, Mesquite, Sachse, Rockwall, Quinlan, Emory, Alba, Mineola. On rare occasions, I can be spotted in San Antonio, Austin, Houston, New Orleans and Shreveport.

If you are going to be in the area to do some geocaching, we can meet at a place called Coffee and Combat. This is a Internet Cafe type location. They are set up for gaming more than coffee. But none the less, for $1.25 1/2 hour internet connection, with coffee, hot chocolate and snacks at a reasonable price it is a good place to be. The owner is friendly, and it is a family run operation with 18 computers. You can connect, claim finds, send emails, log TB or do whatever you need to do.

Good luck Geocachers

JnDallas

Edited by JnDallas