Camping/caching Weekend

robert

Interested in going camping and 'caching in the Spring? We're working on setting up a trip to Lancaster, PA and want everyone interested in going to let us know. We're looking at April 2-4 at Roamers Retreat Campground which is east of Lancaster

The discussion is currently going on in the forums. Click here to go to the discussion.

Hope to see you there!

edit: Added dates and place. Sorry!

Edited by mrkablooey

Just an update, but we're getting the details worked out. Because of deposits for the site(s), we may get our group together locally and then put our site numbers in this thread so those who want to and are able to come can get as close-by as possible. As SOON as I get that info, I'll put it here for you all. :)

OK looks like we're all set for the weekend. There are no more cabins available that we have "reserved" but I'm sure you can probably still get one/some.

As for tent/RV space, we still have about 7 left, so you're all set if you want to come! We've got a list going right now to fill up the additional reserved spaces. Hop on over to the MGS forums and put in your name. We'll work out the details from there!

1/22 update:

Cabin 1: mrkablooey & crew* (6 person cabin)

Cabin 2: OPEN (6 person cabin)

Cabin 3: Mastifflover & family (8 person cabin)

Site 1: mdpaul

Site 2: TeamShadyside/MB

Site 3: RATTRAP

Site 4:

Site 5:

Site 6:

Site 7:

Site 8:

Site 9:

Site 10:

If you'd like to go, put your name in so we can get an idea about how many sites we'll need, and to make arrangements for deposit (you may have to make the deposit yourself but we'll have it reserved at a discount rate).

Art:

Gotcha!

1/24/04 update:

Cabin 1: mrkablooey & crew* (6 person cabin)

Cabin 2: Artvandelay (6 person cabin)

Site 3: rattrap

Site 4: TrevRnR/Insane4Life

Site 5:

Site 6:

Site 7:

Site 8:

Site 9:

Site 10:

If you'd like to go, put your name in so we can get an idea before making the final arrangements!

*L33t_Hacksta, JPatton

We have confirmed reservations with the campground for each of the following spots:

Cabin 1: mrkablooey & crew (6 person cabin)

Cabin 2: Artvandelay (6 person cabin)

Site 3: rattrap

Site 4: TrevRnR/Insane4Life

Site 5: bob393

Site 6: JandM

If the above folks will email rattrap, he will let you know where to send the deposit to. The deposit will be 1 nights stay.

$105.00 for the 6 person cabins ( 2004 rate)

$130.00 for the 8 person cabin (2004 rate)

$31.00 for the camp sites ( 2003 rate - may change)

We will be taking care of reservations for the above people. All others at this point should call the campground directly to make their own reservations. You should reference the MD Geocaching group to be placed as close as possible to our confirmed sites. Also ask if you can receive the club discount since you will be camping with our group.

Make a note on this Forum if you call yourself so that we can look forward to seeing you there!

Edited by mrkablooey
$31.00 for the camp sites ( 2003 rate - may change)

$31 for a camp site? Sounds a bit expensive--or is that for two nights?

Anyway... We've had so much fun in the Lancaster area in the past that we'd love to join the fun. It doesn't look too likely now, but we'll sure try to find a way to be there!

Edited by Man In The Wild

Not sure about the pricing. Got the info from them but I do assume it's for a night. FWIW I believe more than one tent can go on the site, and it may be for full hookup pricing.

We do welcome people to come who cannot stay, just look for the caravan of cachers! I'll let you all know what lots we have when I get confirmation so you don't have to search the entire premises. :D

I need some latex. It looks like Art Vandelay will be there, so I will hopefully be there, but will not be sleeping over.

Hmmm, maybe I can bribe MissJenn with a TB and she'll let me ride along?! B)

I'm doing my best to stay out of this one.

Latex.

Artvandelay.

Not sleeping over.

TB bribing.

:unsure:

For those that have reserved space, the campground has confirmed everything is a go. For those of you wimps staying in tents/campers, you'll be close to our cabins :unsure:

The campground has a $6 visitor policy if you're not a "resident" of the campground so we'll work out meeting somewhere locally to cache or eat dinner Saturday night or something.

More details soon... not much time left! :lol:

Oh man that sounds like fun! I'm a newbie and would love to meet some people other than on the site and in the logs. I have to work night shift on Saturday night but what do you think your time plans might be for Sunday? I could probably be to Lancaster in 1 to 1-1/2 hours and that would be 8-9am or so. If you have a little bit of a plan I'd love to try and catch up for at least a little time. And if it doesn't work out I'll try again later.