Groundspeak Forums: Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's) - Groundspeak Forums

Jump to content

  • (113 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 90
  • 91
  • 92
  • 93
  • 94
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's) If you post them....They will look

#4551 User is offline   Coldgears 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1667
  • Joined: 05-March 10

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

View PostGOF and Bacall, on 01 May 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Posted Image


Hmnn...Never seen one like that before. :rolleyes:

I thought it was creative, and so did everyone else. Which is why it got 80% favorites. Are you used to this type of cache?

#4552 User is offline   GOF and Bacall 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 6679
  • Joined: 24-September 06

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostGOF and Bacall, on 01 May 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Posted Image


Hmnn...Never seen one like that before. :rolleyes:

I thought it was creative, and so did everyone else. Which is why it got 80% favorites. Are you used to this type of cache?


:laughing: Almost as common as the LPC.

#4553 User is offline   Coldgears 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1667
  • Joined: 05-March 10

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

View PostGOF and Bacall, on 01 May 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostGOF and Bacall, on 01 May 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Posted Image


Hmnn...Never seen one like that before. :rolleyes:

I thought it was creative, and so did everyone else. Which is why it got 80% favorites. Are you used to this type of cache?


:laughing: Almost as common as the LPC.



OH, look harder. There is 12 caches on the tree, only one has the log. All different colors, it's supposed to be dressed up as a christmas tree. That's why it's call "Twelve days of christmas" twelve caches that look like ornaments on a pine tree. Only one has the cache.

#4554 User is offline   GOF and Bacall 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 6679
  • Joined: 24-September 06

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 03:36 PM, said:

View PostGOF and Bacall, on 01 May 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostGOF and Bacall, on 01 May 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Posted Image


Hmnn...Never seen one like that before. :rolleyes:

I thought it was creative, and so did everyone else. Which is why it got 80% favorites. Are you used to this type of cache?


:laughing: Almost as common as the LPC.



OH, look harder. There is 12 caches on the tree, only one has the log. All different colors, it's supposed to be dressed up as a christmas tree. That's why it's call "Twelve days of christmas" twelve caches that look like ornaments on a pine tree. Only one has the cache.


OK. Not quite as common. But still plenty of them out there. We have one not far from here. We also have one that is a five gallon water cooler jug full of film cans. After that I swore I'd walk away from any such cache I come to. Just take DNF and move on. Thank you very much.

#4555 User is offline   GrateBear 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1143
  • Joined: 06-May 06

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

View PostGOF and Bacall, on 01 May 2011 - 03:42 PM, said:

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 03:36 PM, said:

View PostGOF and Bacall, on 01 May 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostGOF and Bacall, on 01 May 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostColdgears, on 01 May 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Posted Image


Hmnn...Never seen one like that before. :rolleyes:

I thought it was creative, and so did everyone else. Which is why it got 80% favorites. Are you used to this type of cache?


:laughing: Almost as common as the LPC.



OH, look harder. There is 12 caches on the tree, only one has the log. All different colors, it's supposed to be dressed up as a christmas tree. That's why it's call "Twelve days of christmas" twelve caches that look like ornaments on a pine tree. Only one has the cache.


OK. Not quite as common. But still plenty of them out there. We have one not far from here. We also have one that is a five gallon water cooler jug full of film cans. After that I swore I'd walk away from any such cache I come to. Just take DNF and move on. Thank you very much.

You should have just logged a find along with the statement "trust you'll check your film cans to verify I signed". :lol:

#4556 User is offline   medwardl 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 12-April 11

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

Has anyone made a cache that looks like a bee hive?

#4557 User is offline   The Ravens 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 413
  • Joined: 08-May 08

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

View Postmedwardl, on 01 May 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

Has anyone made a cache that looks like a bee hive?


Yes I have. Took heavy 3/8" hemp type rope and coiled it up into a cone shape hive then filled it with canned insul-foam with a PB jar inside as the container. Also took some screws and cut heads off then screwed them into a few big plastic bees and attached them to the outside. I don't have a picture of it though... Shame on me. Cache

This post has been edited by The Ravens: 01 May 2011 - 06:06 PM


#4558 User is offline   medwardl 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 12-April 11

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

I guess the next step would be to don a bee keepers suite and actually place a cash on a live wasp nest.

#4559 User is offline   terrkan78 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 563
  • Joined: 14-November 08

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:19 AM

View Postmedwardl, on 01 May 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

Has anyone made a cache that looks like a bee hive?

I came upon this cache a while back. Fun one to find after a bushwhack out in the middle of nowhere. :) I love the camo - I have no idea what it's made out of.
Posted Image

#4560 User is offline   Night_Hiker 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 100
  • Joined: 01-March 10

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

I have a hornets nest hidden of the slanted side of a huge bluff.. It's about 15 feet up in a tree and you have to lower it by the rope thats hung over a branch and connected at the base of the tree. I made it by rapping a rope around a frame and the containers a peanut butter jar thats at the top. I'd provide a pick if i was able to get the forums to allow me to do so...such a pain

This post has been edited by Night_Hiker: 02 May 2011 - 06:11 PM


#4561 User is offline   M 5 

  • 5/5 mentality in a LPC body
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 668
  • Joined: 01-January 07

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

View PostNight_Hiker, on 02 May 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

I have a hornets nest hidden of the slanted side of a huge bluff.. It's about 15 feet up in a tree and you have to lower it by the rope thats hung over a brand and connected at the base of the tree. I made it by rapping a rope around a frame and the containers a peanut butter jar thats at the top. I'd provide a pick if i was able to get the forums to allow me to do so...such a pain


I think I know that cache. Met a goal of mine there. Very nice cache btw.

#4562 User is offline   Night_Hiker 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 100
  • Joined: 01-March 10

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

View PostM 5, on 02 May 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

View PostNight_Hiker, on 02 May 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

I have a hornets nest hidden of the slanted side of a huge bluff.. It's about 15 feet up in a tree and you have to lower it by the rope thats hung over a brand and connected at the base of the tree. I made it by rapping a rope around a frame and the containers a peanut butter jar thats at the top. I'd provide a pick if i was able to get the forums to allow me to do so...such a pain


I think I know that cache. Met a goal of mine there. Very nice cache btw.

Quite the coincidence haha this ring a bell ?
"This is the biggie for me. Hobbit and I have been chasing caches that fit our 81 D/T matrix for a while now. I wanted to get this done on my 810th find. Kind of symetrical. This was the closet 4.5/5 from Tulsa."

Enjoyed the log entry thanks alot :lol:

#4563 User is offline   knowschad 

  • Charter Nobody
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 17434
  • Joined: 20-May 05

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Linking to one very cool cache that was posted in another thread: http://forums.Ground...howtopic=273435

#4564 User is offline   Darick 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 43
  • Joined: 16-June 09

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

Here's a puzzle cache of mine... stage one is a pill bottle with a nail sticking out of the bottom attached to an internal cylinder with six sets of coordinates around the cylinder. There is a window in the pill bottle so you can view the various coordinates as you rotate the nail.
Posted Image

At one of those six coordinates is a bison tube. At the other five coordinates are "red flag" indicators such as those pictured below, letting you know you are in the wrong place for finding the cache. There are no clues on the cache page indicating how to solve this field puzzle, simply that you will find a camo'd pill container at the posted coordinates and you will have to figure out what to do from there.
Posted Image

The feedback so far has been very good, most favorite points of any of my caches (has varied between 35% and 50% favorites/premium log ratio). Some say they've never seen anything quite like this before. Wasn't sure how this idea would be received, so I'm glad it seems to be well liked.

This post has been edited by Darick: 04 May 2011 - 01:15 PM


#4565 User is offline   Vestlandsfanden 

  • Tadpole
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 18-June 10

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

Nice one Darick
I think this a good idea as long as the locations are not too far apart..


Here is one of my latest:
Posted Image

Stainless steel, and a buddy fixed som laser engraving on it B)
Posted Image
Posted Image
It says: This is a gamepiece, and should not be removed. Enter Geocaching.com to find out more.
Ive just put it out here in Norway.
Next to a cannon from WW2:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Vestlandsfanden: 05 May 2011 - 01:18 PM


#4566 User is offline   va griz 

  • Titanium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 532
  • Joined: 19-December 07

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:04 AM

View PostVestlandsfanden, on 05 May 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

Here is one of my latest:
Posted Image


That is awesome. I would love to find that.

#4567 User is offline   LEGO 

  • Composed entirely of interchangeable plastic parts
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 24-June 08

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:30 AM

View Postva griz, on 06 May 2011 - 04:04 AM, said:

View PostVestlandsfanden, on 05 May 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

Here is one of my latest:
Posted Image


That is awesome. I would love to find that.

A nice, expensive-looking stainless steel container. I'm wondering how long it will be before it disappears...

#4568 User is offline   Darick 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 43
  • Joined: 16-June 09

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:28 AM

Love that stainless steel container... the laser engraving is awesome!

The stages on mine aren't far apart, and all contained in a long narrow park. Sounds like the typical search time is 20-30 minutes depending on how many "wild goose chase" coordinates you have to visit before arriving at the actual hiding spot.

View PostVestlandsfanden, on 05 May 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

Nice one Darick
I think this a good idea as long as the locations are not too far apart..

View PostDarick, on 04 May 2011 - 12:13 PM, said:

Posted Image


Here is one of my latest:
Posted Image
Stainless steel, and a buddy fixed som laser engraving on it B)

This post has been edited by Darick: 06 May 2011 - 07:34 AM


#4569 User is offline   dementedtribe 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 58
  • Joined: 07-August 08

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

I don't have a picture available, but I made a birdfeeder into a "working" cache. I have an old cyclindrical feeder that is made out of heavy plastic (the ones that were made out of two pieces of plastic and came with all the other parts that you had to assemble). After being outside about 5-6 years, the plastic is yellowed and cloudy. (I did the following camo work outside as it is very messy!) I thinned out some Alene's craft glue and coated the inside by pouring it down the sides and turning it round and round at an angle. Then, I filled it with sunflower seeds and let it set overnight. The next day, I poured out the seeds. There were open spaces between the sun seeds, so I coated the inside with glue again and poured in the finer birdseed that has the small grains,etc. Let it set overnight, again. When I poured out the smaller seed, the spaces were nicely filled in. The inside diameter is reduced, but there is still room for birdseed in the lower portion and a small baggie with the log book and a few small items to sit on top. At first, I wasn't going to fill the feeder with seed, but realized a "full" feeder with no seed debris on the ground would be a dead giveaway! It is hanging in the tree at the end of our driveway, with 2 other feeders within 20-30 ft of it (one is identical to it).
One cacher had a DNF because I had just refilled the feeder and there were birds eating out of it when she was there! She said I was evil when I met her later at an event! He He He!
P.S. I tried the camo with a newer feeder first, but it was glaringly obvious that the seed was glued to the inside!

#4570 User is offline   Vestlandsfanden 

  • Tadpole
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 18-June 10

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

Ive just made this one.
Posted Image
It is birdhousecache with a twist..
Inside there is a wind up "thing" (sorry for the bad english)
Posted Image
And in the "birdhole" there is a button hvo says "push here"
Posted Image
When you push the button,the bottom of the birdhouse flips open and the cache is ment to fall, and stop 3 meters down, right above ground..
Here,s the mecanism for the button..
The bottom plate is held by magnets, and when you push the button you press down the rod, and the lid opens and the cache falls
Posted Image
then the persons on the ground get to sign the logbook before the one who climbed the tree..
Its my eleven year son,s idea and we have had many good hours in the garage creating this one :)
And for me, thats what its all about.
Thanx for looking. I will be back with more weird caches in a while i guess B)

Here he is painting it on a chair he put together himself
Posted Image

#4571 User is offline   knowschad 

  • Charter Nobody
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 17434
  • Joined: 20-May 05

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

View PostVestlandsfanden, on 08 May 2011 - 02:02 PM, said:

Ive just made this one.

It is birdhousecache with a twist..
Inside there is a wind up "thing" (sorry for the bad english)

And in the "birdhole" there is a button hvo says "push here"

When you push the button,the bottom of the birdhouse flips open and the cache is ment to fall, and stop 3 meters down, right above ground..
Here,s the mecanism for the button..
The bottom plate is held by magnets, and when you push the button you press down the rod, and the lid opens and the cache falls

then the persons on the ground get to sign the logbook before the one who climbed the tree..
Its my eleven year son,s idea and we have had many good hours in the garage creating this one :)
And for me, thats what its all about.
Thanx for looking. I will be back with more weird caches in a while i guess B)

Here he is painting it on a chair he put together himself


Very cool idea!! I've never seen anything quite like it before. I assume that the "birdhouse" is meant to be hidden high up in a tree, so this takes two or more people (or one that really likes to climb up and down trees) to bag.

#4572 User is offline   Vestlandsfanden 

  • Tadpole
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 18-June 10

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:51 AM

If its only one person, he can just wind it back up and open the box and sign it sitting in the tree.
But the idea in it for my son was that the person on the ground get to sign it first.
He thinks like that, i guess because he is always with me caching so we are always more than one.
Maybe we can make a video of it when we have installed it :)

#4573 User is offline   va griz 

  • Titanium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 532
  • Joined: 19-December 07

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:29 AM

View Postdementedtribe, on 07 May 2011 - 06:57 PM, said:

I don't have a picture available, but I made a birdfeeder into a "working" cache. I have an old cyclindrical feeder that is made out of heavy plastic (the ones that were made out of two pieces of plastic and came with all the other parts that you had to assemble). After being outside about 5-6 years, the plastic is yellowed and cloudy. (I did the following camo work outside as it is very messy!) I thinned out some Alene's craft glue and coated the inside by pouring it down the sides and turning it round and round at an angle. Then, I filled it with sunflower seeds and let it set overnight. The next day, I poured out the seeds. There were open spaces between the sun seeds, so I coated the inside with glue again and poured in the finer birdseed that has the small grains,etc. Let it set overnight, again. When I poured out the smaller seed, the spaces were nicely filled in. The inside diameter is reduced, but there is still room for birdseed in the lower portion and a small baggie with the log book and a few small items to sit on top. At first, I wasn't going to fill the feeder with seed, but realized a "full" feeder with no seed debris on the ground would be a dead giveaway! It is hanging in the tree at the end of our driveway, with 2 other feeders within 20-30 ft of it (one is identical to it).
One cacher had a DNF because I had just refilled the feeder and there were birds eating out of it when she was there! She said I was evil when I met her later at an event! He He He!
P.S. I tried the camo with a newer feeder first, but it was glaringly obvious that the seed was glued to the inside!


Is the cache in the seed? I'm getting ready to look for a cache in a feeder but I wouldn't dump the seed to try and find it. Others might dump all your feeders in their eagerness to sign the log.

#4574 User is offline   GeoBroke 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 86
  • Joined: 19-March 03

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

Recently found a cache out on a floating walkway across a pond that had a setup like this
Posted Image

The cache is one of the lower blocks of wood that supports the rail. It pivoted out and there was a PVC pipe inside of it.

#4575 User is offline   Clan Riffster 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 9213
  • Joined: 26-December 04

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

View PostVestlandsfanden, on 08 May 2011 - 02:02 PM, said:

Here,s the mecanism for the button..

Brilliant! Just brilliant! I hope you don't mind if this idea gets borrowed?
Could you post a side shot of the button machanism?
I'm having a tough time figuring it out.

#4576 User is offline   beagle39z 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 28-May 06

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:32 AM

Check out "A.T.M." GCZGZD in Yuma, AZ. See posted images.

#4577 User is offline   sword fern 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 756
  • Joined: 15-October 10

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

Here is one of my caches. It has not been placed yet, I am still looking for a place to put it.-

Here it is in CO's (me)point of view:

Posted Image

And here it is in a cachers point of view:

Posted Image


Any feedback/ideas appreciated!

This post has been edited by sword fern: 11 May 2011 - 06:44 PM


#4578 User is offline   lazydawg 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 21-August 04

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

I would look at an area outside of a dog park like it was thrown over the fence, rolled under a bush and forgotten about.just the first thing that came to mind.

#4579 User is offline   knowschad 

  • Charter Nobody
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 17434
  • Joined: 20-May 05

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

View Postsword fern, on 11 May 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

Here is one of my caches. It has not been placed yet, I am still looking for a place to put it.-

Here it is in CO's (me)point of view:

Posted Image

And here it is in a cachers point of view:

Posted Image


Any feedback/ideas appreciated!


Shoulda used a golf ball. But otherwise... pretty cool!

#4580 User is offline   The Ravens 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 413
  • Joined: 08-May 08

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

View Postbeagle39z, on 10 May 2011 - 07:32 AM, said:

Check out "A.T.M." GCZGZD in Yuma, AZ. See posted images.


AWESOME SWAG!! Very cool!

#4581 User is offline   mchaos 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 388
  • Joined: 03-November 08

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

View PostLukeTrocity, on 03 March 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

Speaking of big items....
Posted Image

To be released as soon as the horrid winter breaks!


Hum.. these look familiar lol.

#4582 User is offline   Clan Riffster 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 9213
  • Joined: 26-December 04

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

View Postsword fern, on 11 May 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

Any feedback/ideas appreciated!

I'm diggin' the concept. Pretty dern kewl! My only concern is for the container itself.
It's not very waterproof, which wouldn't be a problem in the Sahara.
But, since you live in Washington, I'm thinking wet logs are in your future.

#4583 User is offline   TheLoneGrangers 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 391
  • Joined: 13-October 10

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:43 AM

View Postvpatech, on 30 March 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

Has anyone ever seen a light bulb cache?



Yes...search LBC? no pictures I am afraid though

#4584 User is offline   Team GPSaxophone 

  • Smurfy Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 13332
  • Joined: 21-April 02

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:35 AM

View Postsword fern, on 11 May 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

Here is one of my caches. It has not been placed yet, I am still looking for a place to put it.-

Here it is in CO's (me)point of view:

Posted Image

And here it is in a cachers point of view:

Posted Image


Any feedback/ideas appreciated!

Except for the "buried" part, it's neat. Even if you didn't use a "pointy object" to hide it, the impression you'd give any land manager is that geocachers are out there digging things up.

#4585 User is offline   LEGO 

  • Composed entirely of interchangeable plastic parts
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 24-June 08

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:15 AM

View Postsword fern, on 11 May 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

Here is one of my caches. It has not been placed yet, I am still looking for a place to put it.-

Here it is in CO's (me)point of view:

Posted Image

And here it is in a cachers point of view:

Posted Image


Any feedback/ideas appreciated!

I envision a future where the container is covered in mud, and therefore gets mud all over the contents when it is opened...

#4586 User is offline   maristua 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 22-July 10

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:25 AM

View Postsword fern, on 11 May 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

Here is one of my caches. It has not been placed yet, I am still looking for a place to put it.-

Here it is in CO's (me)point of view:

Posted Image

And here it is in a cachers point of view:

Posted Image


Any feedback/ideas appreciated!



I don't like the idea that it's buried. Geocacher should not be digging after geocaches.

#4587 User is offline   MikeAndHike 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 122
  • Joined: 01-February 11

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

I have seen a many containers, in my as of yet short geocaching career, that are covered in mulch, rocks, sticks, etc... The OP stated that they have not placed the cache yet. That is clearly just a demo picture. I think it is a great idea and placed well with the right camo cover would make for a fun cache. There is room for improvement sure but a great idea none the less.

#4588 User is offline   mospeed1 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 30-April 09

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

[

This post has been edited by mospeed1: 12 May 2011 - 01:37 PM


#4589 User is offline   jholly 

  • I like the smell of a cache in the morning
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 7811
  • Joined: 16-August 02

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

View Postmospeed1, on 12 May 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

[

{

#4590 User is offline   Bergie Bunch 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 306
  • Joined: 01-July 08

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

View Postmaristua, on 12 May 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

View Postsword fern, on 11 May 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

Here is one of my caches. It has not been placed yet, I am still looking for a place to put it.-Here it is in CO's (me)point of view:Posted ImageAnd here it is in a cachers point of view:Posted ImageAny feedback/ideas appreciated!
I don't like the idea that it's buried. Geocacher should not be digging after geocaches.


In a pile of mulch, it would not be buried. He states he is looking for a location. Great idea.

#4591 User is offline   Dgwphotos 

  • Covington, WA
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1837
  • Joined: 03-October 05

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

View PostClan Riffster, on 12 May 2011 - 01:42 AM, said:

View Postsword fern, on 11 May 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

Any feedback/ideas appreciated!

I'm diggin' the concept. Pretty dern kewl! My only concern is for the container itself.
It's not very waterproof, which wouldn't be a problem in the Sahara.
But, since you live in Washington, I'm thinking wet logs are in your future.


It's not durable enough, either. Caches take a fair amount of abuse in the field, and I suspect it will crack quite easily.

#4592 User is offline   sword fern 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 756
  • Joined: 15-October 10

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

View PostDgwphotos, on 12 May 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostClan Riffster, on 12 May 2011 - 01:42 AM, said:

View Postsword fern, on 11 May 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

Any feedback/ideas appreciated!

I'm diggin' the concept. Pretty dern kewl! My only concern is for the container itself.
It's not very waterproof, which wouldn't be a problem in the Sahara.
But, since you live in Washington, I'm thinking wet logs are in your future.


It's not durable enough, either. Caches take a fair amount of abuse in the field, and I suspect it will crack quite easily.


After thinking to myself, I discarded the cache. Not worth my time. :sad:

But I have made a brandnew MUCH more creative hide, and I believe it goes with the GC guidlines. Will not be posting on forums due to spoilers! :ph34r:

#4593 User is offline   Ranger Boy 

  • 10-42
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: 11-October 02

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

Posted Image

#4594 User is offline   triga 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 51
  • Joined: 17-November 09

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

View PostRanger Boy, on 19 May 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

Posted Image


?

I don't see any container...









:P

#4595 User is offline   sword fern 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 756
  • Joined: 15-October 10

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

Ok. Here is one. Took a while to make, but here:
Posted Image

The cache is between the two slices of wood.

Here it is opened:
Posted Image


The container is the brown painted thing on the left.

1. I took a peice of wood.
2. I sawed it in half.
3. I made a hole in each one.
4. I placed the container in the hole.
5. I nailed a rubber strip to the bottom of the log so the two peices are attatched and openable.

#4596 User is offline   knowschad 

  • Charter Nobody
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 17434
  • Joined: 20-May 05

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:12 AM

View PostRanger Boy, on 19 May 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

Posted Image


Very nice, and very winter-friendly!! :lol:

#4597 User is offline   Knuddelhexe 

  • Tadpole
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 08-April 10

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

I already work on this one. I will hang it in a tree. Sorry for the quality. I have some problems with my cam an every photo i take is pink XD.Posted Image[/img]http://[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2zojlu9.jpg[/img]

#4598 User is offline   Knuddelhexe 

  • Tadpole
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 08-April 10

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:52 AM

Posted Image[/img] thats it when its open

#4599 User is offline   A & J Tooling 

  • war based user avatar
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 859
  • Joined: 23-March 11

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

My son and daughter give that UFO 2 thumbs up. :)

#4600 User is offline   GOF and Bacall 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 6679
  • Joined: 24-September 06

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

View PostKnuddelhexe, on 28 May 2011 - 04:51 AM, said:

I already work on this one. I will hang it in a tree. Sorry for the quality. I have some problems with my cam an every photo i take is pink XD.Posted Image[/img]http://[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2zojlu9.jpg[/img]


What did you use to glue to the Lock-N-Lock?

Share this topic:


  • (113 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 90
  • 91
  • 92
  • 93
  • 94
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic