Lost & Found

Megamog

OK I was thinking back to the times I have been woundering around the parks in the area And it dawned on me That I have a hidden treasure or to that I placed for my own timecapsles. Yes Years ago before even geocasing I placed certine items in certain spots so that when I reviseted that place I could take it out look at it then place it back with something else.

So it seems I am a geocaser at heart.

Now I have not been to these places in years and don't knoe if they are still there so I am making them into a vertual cache with a special mission, for all of you in the Cleveland Ohio area be looking for my post.

Unfortunatly some of the things I remember placeing I will have to search out myself, becaus they are in places that most of you would not go (ILLEGAL), but maybe I can move those to a more aproprite spot.

OK I was thinking back to the times I have been wondering around the parks in the area And it dawned on me That I have a hidden treasure or to that I placed for my own time capsles. Yes Years ago before even geocaching I placed certain items in certain spots so that when I revisited that place I could take it out look at it then place it back with something else.

So it seems I am a geocacher at heart.

Now I have not been to these places in years and don't know if they are still there so I am making them into a virtual cache with a special mission, for all of you in the Cleveland Ohio area be looking for my post.

Unfortunately some of the things I remember placing I will have to search out myself, because they are in places that most of you would not go (ILLEGAL), but maybe I can move those to a more appropriate spot.

Sounds like fun. I'm not sure if it will fly as a virtual though. Do you still live in the same area? If so just go check out the locations and put a real cache there. If you original "cache" is still there great. Maybe include some of the contents in the new cache. But, First things first. Make sure you go out a grab some of the great caches in your area. This way you get a feel for the type of container to use (ammo cans are the best), the type of items to put in the cache, etc... And most of all welcome to geocaching. Happy Trails.

Edited by JMBella

Agree with the Ammo can. Mortar shell containers are ok, but small and akward. Get as a big as you can (I rarely use any 30 cal any more, almost always 50 cal.)

I was thinking once of making a cache where you never took anything, just left a sig item or a note in the log and would thus create a time line of geocachers in the area.

went there today, I found my stuff but was unable to pry the rock up out of the frozen ground. so it will have to wait till next summer

I did however leave a treasue but i did not ask permission and i did not do enough planning. I have summitted it as a multi stage cache most for the sits but if you follow it to the end and are in the right spot you will find a small container