Famous Geocachers

Well, I was out walking on a trail to a cache last weekend, and as I came to a split in the trail, I headed off in the woods in search of the cache. I quickly found it, did my cache log thing, then traded and re-hid the cache. I exited the woods, and as I was about to start down the trail to head out, I saw in the distance what I thought was a muggle out for a Sunday walk. Then I noticed the telltale signs: looking down at the "telephone" in his hands, walking slowly, then stopping and circling, looking surreptitiously in all directions, as if he was trying avoid being noticed in an odd activity. I quickly ducked into the wood, hoping to get a chance to observe a fellow geocacher in action. I figured I'd introduce myself after he had found the cache, so as to not disrupt his joy and excitement of the discovery with my presence. He got to the split in the trail and...

Oh my Gawd! I swear it was ELVIS! Of course, he was a whole lot fatter and older, but it was unmistakably Elvis.

I waited for him to come out of the wood, my camera ready, my heart thumping. But he never came out, so you'll have to take my word for it -- not only does Elvis live, Elvis geocaches.

If Douglas Adams was alive, I bet he would be. ;)

You may be right SL. I believe he just might have written it into a Dirk Gently novel. B)

Didn't some famous weirdo say that we would all be famous for 15 minutes. That explains Kato Kalin's disappearance.

I will be famous as soon as someone realizes that I am a goldmine in movie and novel ideas.

Sn :blink:;) gans

Heck with it! I'm Ringo, okay?? B)

i always thought you were the fifth beatle. ;)

Stu Sutcliffe? ;)

No, Brian Epstein. ...no, he's dead. George Martin!

Well, Stu's dead too.........brain hemmorhage....... :blink:

Billy Preston is acknowledged as the "Fifth Beatle" due to his work on the "Let It Be" and "Abbey Road" albums, as well as the landmark "White Album." The only person to ever have full label copy credit with the group, Billy Preston appeared with them in the films, "The Complete Beatles" and "Let It Be." He also performed with them during their historic rooftop final concert.

I haven't heard that he's a geocacher, though.

Billy Preston is acknowledged as the "Fifth Beatle" due to his work on the "Let It Be" and "Abbey Road" albums, as well as the landmark "White Album." The only person to ever have full label copy credit with the group, Billy Preston appeared with them in the films, "The Complete Beatles" and "Let It Be." He also performed with them during their historic rooftop final concert.

And he played Sergeant Pepper in the movie, too.

And he played Sergeant Pepper in the movie, too.

That movie was AWFUL!!!!! Let's see, who else besides the BeeGees was in it....Peter Frampton and Alice Cooper, Aerosmith.....man, what a lousy movie.......

That movie was AWFUL!!!!!  Let's see, who else besides the BeeGees was in it....Peter Frampton and Alice Cooper, Aerosmith.....man, what a lousy movie.......

Steve Martin as Dr. Maxwell Edison.

(and yes, it was a bad movie)

Edited by Stunod