New Garmin

Anyone have info on the Garmin 276C comming out? This is all the info I can find...so far.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread....&threadid=33364

I called the other day asking if thier is any info yet on the 276C. They said since they are a public traded company they can not tell me any info on the 276C till they have a offical release from the powers to be at Garmin.

I don't think we will see the 276C till the 176 sales drop with Garmin's

rebate released to try to bring the sales up and get rid of the 176's that

will be out dated when the 276's are for sale. Delaying the release of the

276C and offering the 176 with a Garmin $100 rebate is a marketing ploy.

Manufactures do it all the time. Release a lesser model first or offer a

rebate on a model that is going to upgraded with a newer models promised on

the way or still has some in stock of the lesser models then after sales

drop release the next to bring sales back up. It's number game to make

sales look good over a extended amount of time

Just like I don't think we will see the latest Garmin the 276C till the

176/c sales drop.

Soon to be announced---GPSmap 76C, a color version of the 76 with over 100mb of memory!

Hmm....interesting.

Did the rep give you any indacation as to when it will be announced/released?

I'm waiting for the 60Cs...but I do like the BIGGER screen on my friend 76....hmmm

--Mark

Well Modean and Tanner, you made my day. Couple questions if you dont mind.

276c--is this the same form factor as the 176c. If so, do you know if it would do autorouting?? The 176 already refreshed pretty quick so the 276 must be phenomenal.

76c--autorouting?? 100mb of memory is very nice.

Thanks!!

Edited by zpx606

The 276c is the same form factor as the current unit. It does support auto routing. Uses the same data cards as the current unit. I believe we were told that the 76c will auto route as well. The reps were unclear as to when the 76c will be formally announced, but the 276c will be shipping by summer, perhaps sooner depending on sell-thru on the 176.

Again, thank you!! ;)

I imagine it will be the 276c for me. With autorouting that will probably be the perfect all around machine. I wish they would switch to another type card but I guess they are too heavily invested in their propietary card. I also hope they come out with another land and sea package like they had for the 176c (albeit with bigger card than 32mb)

:D

1) Are you sure (MoDean and Tanner) the 276C uses the same data cards as the current unit?

Dam, Garmin trying to suck every last penny from us! If so I may just stay with my Garmin V. Why not just make the perfect GPS and use the same memory slot as the 2610/50 has? It looks like one of Garmin's last holds on getting us to do things thier way before other GPS makers make units just as good or better and cost less.

2) It is said still to be released by the end of the first quarter of 2004 also (MoDean and Tanner) form the info I have seen. Are you sure the your info is good info on not till summer?

3) You also mentioned "depending on sell-thru on the 176" Please explain.

4) Please post details who had the 276C you saw at the a marine trade show and which marine trade show. So we can at least have a way to try to get the facts.

Edited by Joe Foe from Buffalo

100% sure it uses the same data cards, I asked the Garmin rep. This was at West Marines' Managers conference in Monterey last week. We had a 3 day trade show, and Garmin had a booth. I said shipping BY summer or SOONER, that is an open ended timeframe for a product that has not yet even been announced by Garmin. Per the rep, they are watching sell-thru on the 176c before releasing the 276