Stampede!

What is the deal with horses? Does anyone geocache by horseback?

I have yet to read about someone's geocaching by horse experience. The most I see in the forums is that many people like beating dead ones. Is this any way to treat such noble animals?

(Reference: In the renaissance, horses had higher status than the middle class)

Sure, a lot of people like riding CO_admin for being such a stickler on having topics relate to geocaching in some way. I mean, this is the Geocaching website after all. I, of all people, should know that by now. ;)

Now wait, why am I picking on CO_admin? Oh yeah, his avatar depicts him as a horse. A pony, actually. To be more specific, a toy called "My Little Pony".

CO_admin recently changed his avatar to a "new version" of My Little Pony. The new one is a darker shade of purple, but it is still a purple pony. It started with a rubber ducky and has moved on to larger creatures. What do you think of this progression?

156867_200.jpg156867_400.jpg156867_600.jpg156867_1500.jpg

Is this just the beginning of "Pony Day" in the forums? I mean, Carleen Day and Smurf Day were pretty popular. Cat Thread and Dog Thread did fairly well. Are there others out there with horse or pony avatars? Is CO_admin setting the stage for a takeover from the frogs? Why is a purple pony our main authority figure besides the man who is constantly "Workin' on it"?

I wouldn't make much of it unless he starts taking a pony toy with him on geocache hunts and includes it in the photos. If he were to actually write about his pony in the cache log like it's a living breathing animal, theN you really need to worry. We might have to have him committed (to Hooters or somewhere similar) if he starts doing that. ;)

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Criminal
I wouldn't make much of it unless he starts taking a pony toy with him on geocache hunts and includes it in the photos.  If he were to actually write about his pony in the cache log like it's a living breathing animal, the you really need to worry.

Of course, we all know he would NEVER do that! Right?

Edited by Mopar

Actually, I like the purple poney. And the guy behind the avatar, too.

He has a tough job, and I don't necessarily agree with all his decisions, but, oh well.

I'd like to stay on topic here, but I'm having trouble determining just what the topic is. If it's a suggestion that everyone should change their avatars again, I vote no.

I'm still dizzy from the last two rounds. :D

Even 9Key seems to have settled into a semi-permanent avatar! ;):D

I wouldn't make much of it unless he starts taking a pony toy with him on geocache hunts and includes it in the photos.  If he were to actually write about his pony in the cache log like it's a living breathing animal, the you really need to worry.

What's with the editing in that log?

[This entry was edited by Lapaglia on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 5:02:27 PM.]

[This entry was edited by CO Admin on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 5:46:23 PM.]

[This entry was edited by da_snoop on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 6:44:43 PM.]

[This entry was edited by Team Misguided on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 6:47:58 PM.]

[This entry was edited by NJ Admin on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 8:03:54 PM.]

[This entry was edited by Hemlock on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 8:06:00 PM.]

[This entry was edited by 9Key on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 9:12:37 PM.]

[This entry was edited by OpinioNate on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 9:17:53 PM.]

[This entry was edited by hydee on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 9:18:45 PM.]

[This entry was edited by mtn-man on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 8:38:38 AM.]

[This entry was edited by iryshe on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 9:10:49 AM.]

Oh, and we now know that his pony's name is Kimono

you are all safe today, I made double chocolate brownies with chocolate chips this morning !

I would like to point out that this thread is about my pony and not your chocolate. Lets stick to the topic please

but what if i have a chocolate pony? her name is chocolate delight, isnt she cute ;)

102826_1900.jpg

you are all safe today, I made double chocolate brownies with chocolate chips this morning !

I would like to point out that this thread is about my pony and not your chocolate. Lets stick to the topic please

but what if i have a chocolate pony? her name is chocolate delight, isnt she cute ;)

102826_1900.jpg

Then that is perfectly acceptable. Kimono thinks your pony has pretty hair

What's with the editing in that log?

[This entry was edited by Lapaglia on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 5:02:27 PM.]

[This entry was edited by CO Admin on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 5:46:23 PM.]

[This entry was edited by da_snoop on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 6:44:43 PM.]

[This entry was edited by Team Misguided on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 6:47:58 PM.]

[This entry was edited by NJ Admin on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 8:03:54 PM.]

[This entry was edited by Hemlock on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 8:06:00 PM.]

[This entry was edited by 9Key on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 9:12:37 PM.]

[This entry was edited by OpinioNate on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 9:17:53 PM.]

[This entry was edited by hydee on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 9:18:45 PM.]

[This entry was edited by mtn-man on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 8:38:38 AM.]

[This entry was edited by iryshe on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 9:10:49 AM.]

Oh, and we now know that his pony's name is Kimono

I know, it seams as if every moderator in the country made an edit to that log.

I do, but I usually have people point and laugh when going through parks and on trails.

I don't know why though...

Here is my "noble" steed!

Pony.jpg

I wish they wouldn't laugh, it makes me feel bad. ;)

It's not the horse they're laughing at. It's the bloody half coconuts you're carrying to make the sound effects! :D

And yes, I love the codpiece. Do you wear it to make a fashion statement or just for the halibut? :D

I do, but I usually have people point and laugh when going through parks and on trails.

I don't know why though...

Here is my "noble" steed!

Pony.jpg

I wish they wouldn't laugh, it makes me feel bad. ;)

It's not the horse they're laughing at. It's the bloody half coconuts you're carrying to make the sound effects! :D

And yes, I love the codpiece. Do you wear it to make a fashion statement or just for the halibut? :D

Oh! Then it isn't me their laughing at, it must be my serf who has the coconut halves!

That makes me feel so much better. Well now I can go out for gallop!

<Looks for serf> :D

102826_1900.jpg

As long as it's not the bologna variety :D

I wouldn't make much of it unless he starts taking a pony toy with him on geocache hunts and includes it in the photos. If he were to actually write about his pony in the cache log like it's a living breathing animal, theN you really need to worry. We might have to have him committed (to Hooters or somewhere similar) if he starts doing that. :)

EDIT: Typo

Hi, guys!

Hey, Criminal! You may want to check out some of my logs! I usually go geocaching with my friend RichardMoore, but sometimes on my own! But I'm not a horse, I'm a squirrel!

Have fun!

Jeeps the Squirrel