Furthest Distance Traveled

GeoHuntingFamily

I think this one may have the most actual mileage. It's a personal travel bug, and that kind tends to get more mileage than those that are left in caches to be picked up by other geocachers.

Let me see if I get this straight. You CARRY your OWN TB and log it as travelling? WOW !!!!

I think I can get one to do 100,000 miles a year doing that. Where is the fun?

Let me see if I get this straight. You CARRY your OWN TB and log it as travelling? ...Where is the fun?

Yeah, you got it straight. It's called a personal travel bug, as I noted in my log and on the web page. It's one of the uses Jeremy proposed when he first started selling travel bugs, and it's a convenient way to keep track of accumulated caching mileage. That's MY fun; YOUR mileage (and fun) may vary. :D

I also own a few traditional travel bugs. Still fun; just a slightly different kind.

I think in the context of this question- thats cheating!

What context?

"Anyone know what the furthest distance traveled by a TB is? "

There were no qualifications on the type of travel bug. I gave a straight answer to a simple question, and even stated it's a personal travel bug because I realize some people hold them in less esteem than traditional bugs. The miles shown are actual geocaching miles the bug has traveled. There was no deception or falsification. What makes you think it's cheating?

It is not cheating... nothing is stopping any of us from having a personal travelbug. Even though I am not sure a personal travelbug should be in the same classification as a traditional one... I still think they are part of the geocaching fun. We should all be careful of what we decide to condemn because we might just find out that we are biting off our own foot down the road.

If I remember correctly this is a game isn't it?