Premium Member Feature

AJK

As a way to get more people to sign up for Premium membership, I wonder if TPTB would consider a new cache email notification system. I use Skydiver's notification, but there is a delay with this sometimes.

It would be great to get an email the instant a cache is approved within a x mile radius of some preset coordinates (probably home, but should be able to change).

As well as email, could it be possible to also have a text messaging service to phones - don't know anything about GC costs for this - maybe the cost would just be to the end user.

I had my first FTF today, and hope to do more....

Nice, I think I get plenty for my $30, but if I'm to compete with the FTF cachers around here.....

Maybe those who have a smaller radius set from their picked coordinates would get the emails first, followed by those who are trying to set large radii. It would be great to have a set of coordinates that you could change on the fly, so that you had a chance of FTF when on vacation. In a way it could almost be a PQ - I want to know of new micro caches 10 miles from zip code XXXXX, but each user should probably only get 1 of these types of queries each.

My 49c (inflation)

Nice, I think I get plenty for my $30, but if I'm to compete with the FTF cachers around here.....

Just think of the revenue possibilities here.... :)

Your standard premium gets notification in 2 hours. An extra $20/year gives 1 hour notification. And negotiated bribes mysteriously delay the notifications to nearby FTF competitors...

This is planned. We just want to make sure that it is not only efficient, but timely (since this will have huge demand, I think). Sorry, no exact dates, though I would like to see it around the may/june timerfame.

Glad to hear it. I currently also use Skydiver's alerts, but as akerin has said sometimes there are delays or sometimes the alerts never come at all. I'd also be confident that if it showed up here, it's something that would not go away sometime down the road (ala Dan's page).

--RuffRidr

Don't think this would be as popular in the UK - there isn't as much of a race to be ftf. Respect to the US cachers though- I expect it ends up a bit like "Wacky Races" sometimes!

MarcB

Well that is because Seasider sold his soul to the devil for the ability to be FTF on every cache in the UK! 800 finds with 100+ FTFs is scary-good!!!

My only FTFs have been by accident. I did have a big, wide, open door to one about two months ago. 1.3 miles from my house. Had to leave it for a week though as I was making an event my 300th find... ah well. A find's a find to me. Though a nice, empty, log book is a neat thing to behold on occasion.

I'd probably get more into FTF fever if something like this were installed here. I had a lot of fun with the Magellan contest in that respect :D