Lowrance Ifinder

gm100guy

I had a chance to drop by Radio World today and they now carry the Lowrance line of gps's.

I was looking at the Ifinder Pro with the new Canadian Topo maps loaded in the unit.

They look very well detailed for Ontario. They even work on the bigger mounted units and look awsome in colour.

I think for outdoor use this is the unit to beat right now for mapping and features.

Garmin and Magellan do have good units also, but they have no detailed topo maps for Canada right now and need to catch up with Lowrance.

The unit I was looking at with both the topo maps and street maps for Ontario was retailing for around $600.00.

If you get a chance look at them at the show they will be at the Internatioaal Center this weekend. They are also having some show sales there, on all brands of units if you are looking to buy.....

:unsure:

Edited by gm100guy

I downloaded the picture into Irfanview and converted it to greyscale and it looks close to the gps screen.

That was the easiest way for me to compare it for you.

Your right about the shading but getting all the water details and contours is enough for me.

:unsure:

Edited by gm100guy

From the Lowrance website

FreedomMaps™ Canada Topo Series contain all of these features: Cities & Towns, Highways, City & Rural Roads, Railways, Rivers, Streams, Lakes & Ponds, Coastal Shorelines, Province & Municipality boundaries, land-based Topo Data, thousands of Searchable Point-of-Interest (i.e., Marinas, Restaurants, Lodging, Airports, related Transportation Services, Emergency Services, Shopping & Entertainment, Banks, Gasoline Stations, Auto Repair, Recreational Camps, and Hunting Goods Suppliers), and more

I wonder if there's a desk top application for these maps too?

I've been checking with Lowrance in Ontario to see when the software is coming out, actually some already did butthey do not include Topographical maps....

So since before Chrsitmas i've been calling every week just to be told that it will take a few more weeks to get the packaging done for the complete CDs with the whole of Canada and with Topo info...

The package will go for about 200.00$ Cnd

I will call them again today and let you guys know.

P.S. I personally won't buy the freedom maps, i"ll wait to have the whole kit and Kabooodle

Maraudeur :rolleyes:

Well, i just called Lowrance Canada..

Again they told me 2 to 3 weeks, but they're pretty confident about the date

(Hummm, seems to me i have already heard that one before) because they have all the data already but r missing the packaging......

Anyway, maybe if we all call and ask about it they will hurry it up a bit!!!!

Again, i, ve inquired about this since october or november!

Here is the phone # 1-800-661-3983 (I hope i can do this)

Tanks to all who want to get involved.

Maraudeur :rolleyes: