Mapsourse Question - I'm New To Geocaching

I just bought a new Garmin Vista GPS and have found my first 2 caches. I am thinking about buying the Mapsource Metroguide USA software but have a question. When we find an address with this software, will it lead us to the address street by street or will it show how to get there 'as the crow flies'? Or..will it map it out on the PC only and if so, can that be transferred to the GPS? Thanks for all your help.

As the crow flies if done on the GPSr.

As far as "autoroutes" done on the PC and then uploaded to the GPSr, the routes will not follow each road's curves.

For example, if I had a route that went west on Hwy 1, to north on Interstate 99, to east on Hwy 2 - it would show a straight line from origin to I-99, then a straight line along I-99 to Hwy 2, and then a straight line from I-99 to destination.

As far as "autoroutes" done on the PC and then uploaded to the GPSr, the routes will not follow each road's curves.

For example, if I had a route that went west on Hwy 1, to north on Interstate 99, to east on Hwy 2 - it would show a straight line from origin to I-99, then a straight line along I-99 to Hwy 2, and then a straight line from I-99 to destination.

On what GPSr? My Legend shows the routes conforming to all of the road's curves and twists.....I've never seen it show a straight line from one road to another as you stated. :)

You can plot a route on the PC, download it to your GPSr, then it will show you street by street, turn by turn, how to get there. You can't plot routes on the GPSr with it, but it's still a nice program to use. I use it quite a bit, for fun and for travelling to unknown areas.

When you say you can plan a route on the PC, will the software plot it for you when you give your Starting point and Ending point or do you have to plan the route yourself from start to finish? Thanks.

On what GPSr? My Legend shows the routes conforming to all of the road's curves and twists.....I've never seen it show a straight line from one road to another as you stated. :)

Legend and eMap

You can plot a route on the PC, download it to your GPSr, then it will show you street by street, turn by turn, how to get there.  You can't plot routes on the GPSr with it, but it's still a nice program to use.  I use it quite a bit, for fun and for travelling to unknown areas.

When you say you can plan a route on the PC, will the software plot it for you when you give your Starting point and Ending point or do you have to plan the route yourself from start to finish? Thanks.

Plug in the start and finish points, and the software does the rest. Sometimes, if you're familiar with the area, you may have to tweak the routes a bit for either the shortest distance or shortest time, but generally, from my experience, it's pretty much dead-on for either that you select.