Caches Need Adoption

JackQuest

Wow, choices choices! I loved all three that I did (Ricketts, Fern Rock, and Loyalsock). I already have one in Ricketts so that would be closest (and the most work because it is a multi) , I probably liked Loyalsock the most but it is the farthest away and Fern Rock has a lot of charm. I guess I will put in for Loyalsock because it is such a pretty hike but you can consider me a back up on the other two if you don't get any other response, and if you accept my offer.

Thanks for the great caches, we will miss you here in PA. Our loss is VA's gain.

edit due to fat finger typing!

Edited by PSUPAUL

Each of these are fine old caches and it would be a shame to lose any of them. Potential new owners are cautioned that a DCNR permit will need to be obtained for any cache in a State Park or State Forest, if not already in place. These caches were hidden before the DCNR established its permit system. I will be asking about the permit status in connection with the transfer of ownership for any cache in a State Park or State Forest.

As each such adoption is agreed upon, JackQuest should send an e-mail to the new owner confirming this, and then the new owner should forward that e-mail to me along with information about the permit status.

UPDATE:

Many thanks to all those who stepped up to help maintain these somewhat historically significant (okay old) caches. Sorry for the delay in replying, I thought I had the email notify turned on.

Fern Rock-Salvelinus

Loyalsock-PSUPaul

Ricketts Glenn-IMLost

Green Lane-Ce'Nedra

French Creek-MissJenn

It seems that Nockamixon is the only one left.

In addition, those adopters who are interested I have some photos from the first couple of cameras for these caches and would be happy to send them to you to put in your newly adpoted caches.

I also received auto email from a "yagaway" stating that a cache was on PGC land and needed to be removed. I 'm not sure which cache (as it was not referenced) this person was referring to and to the best of my knowlege none are on game lands.

UPDATE:

It seems that Nockamixon is the only one left.

If nobody steps up, for this one, I'll talk to my brother, he doesn't live to far away, may he can adopt it, or I can, with him "helping" to maintain it.

I also received auto email from a "yagaway" stating that a cache was on PGC land and needed to be removed. I 'm not sure which cache (as it was not referenced) this person was referring to and to the best of my knowlege none are on game lands.

I wouldn't get too concerned about this, somone else got a similar e-mail a week or so ago, which seemed bogus. I asked Keystone, and he told me there are no current regulations barring caches from State Game Lands.

Don't listen to Yagaway he has no authority to ask anyone to remove a cache. I received a poorly written vague email from him also. He is the postmaster in Noxen according to his profile. The Game Commision doesn't have a geocaching policy.

Thanks JackQuest for hiding these caches and allowing me to adopt one of them. I really enjoyed Ricketts Glen and will take good care of the cache. Good luck and happy caching in VA.

Edited by IMLost

I second Miss Jenn, I am proud to help out with your cache and will keep the name the same. Please send me any pictures you may have for the Loyalsock Cache. I dropped off the permit paperwork at the District Forest office yesterday, I should have the permit as soon as they figure out what the internal process is and they get somne stickers. When I spoke to the District Forester he was familiar with geocaching and the caches in his district but was not familiar with the DCNR permit procedure.

Thanks,

Update:

Nockamixon is still orphaned, IV Warrior let me know if your brother is interested.

MissJenn photos for French Creek are on the way.

Bonus Cache:

While organizing my PA photos and stuff, I found some coordinates on a notecard that I had completely forgotten about. It was going to be the final cache of a three cache multi-cache called three peaks, I placed #3 but I guess I never got around to place #1 or #2. The difficulty is a bit higher due to terrain so leave the ankle biters home and it may be snowbound. In any case this is a freebie cache to the first cacher who wants to retrieve it. Use it as you would like, it is an original TEAM Jackquest red/tan ammo box. Just let me know who got it it and enjoy.

N 41 20.400

W 076 15.826

:lol:

As each such adoption is agreed upon, JackQuest should send an e-mail to the new owner confirming this, and then the new owner should forward that e-mail to me along with information about the permit status.

Oops - I almost missed this important bit of info.

Good thing it was wrtitten down.