Feeler: Garmin Gpsmap 60c

Hello,

I just bought the Garmin GPSMap 60c, I want to get the 60cs but here is the problem. I bought the AutoNavigation kit with the unlock for City Select 5. I unlocked it to this GPS so I can't return or exchange it without being out the unlock code.

Would anyone be interested in a 5 day old GPSMap 60c with City Select 5 with unlock code for it? I'll throw in a copy of the US Topo 3 disc set for backup purposes.

I was thinking $425 + shipping for the Like New in Box 60c with all original stuff (5 days old), City Select 5 unlocked, US Topo 3 disc set, Screen protector perfectly cut and applied. I'll throw in a couple of fresh Energizer Lithium AAs too.

Edited by FlashMaster
I just bought the Garmin GPSMap 60c, I want to get the 60cs but here is the problem. I bought the AutoNavigation kit with the unlock for City Select 5. I unlocked it to this GPS so I can't return or exchange it without being out the unlock code.

Is that true?! Garmin is a great company but they need to get their s*** together. To jerk around the customer like that is completely unacceptable. Maybe Garmin will help you out if you explain your situation. I would be surprised if they just told you to go f*** yourself.

They did. DOH. It's actually on their website that once it's unlocked, there can be NO refunds. I am screwed, but I have a buyer in line as soon as I get a hold of the 60cs. :blink:

Quote from Garmin Web:

Important note: Once you complete the unlock process, GARMIN cannot make changes to your coverage area, or give refunds or exchanges for MapSource unlock codes. Please be very careful to select the regions you want to unlock.

Edited by FlashMaster

My first GPS was a Magellan 2000XL! I converted to Garmin when the GPS III came out and always been with Garmin since.

They are both great companies. I just like to stick with one company for compatibility and familiarity. My mapsource works with my Rino 120s, Legend, iQue and 60c.

I'm sure it's the same with Mag, one software for most of their GPSrs.

Just so you're aware, you're not entirely out of luck.

When you purchase an unlock code, you get the rights to use the maps on two Garmin GPS's. So you could always get a second unlock code and use those maps on your new GPS.

Sure you're out the ability to add a third, but at least you're not eating the charges for an unlock code that's totally useless.

-ben

Pine Barrens Outdoor Outfitters

www.pboutdoor.com

It works. A friend had city select 5 for his GPS V. Then he got the 60CS and unlocked it for that.

You should be able to use it for the 60CS and 'give it away' with the 60C since you paid for it. Normally I'd have a reservation about giving away software but you are paid for two, got two, and can never use the second one for yourself unless you keep the 60C.