Tb Races.

Eric K

Nothing against the Cannonball Race or the The First CircumConUS Travel Bug Race so please don't take it that way. I'm actually in the Cannonball Run race.

I'm just thinking the Cannonball Run race will generally mean most of the SouthEast states will miss out, and the CircumConUs race will probably miss most of the Midwest.

I think a 50 state race is out of the question, but I'm thinking about how about some Interstate corridor races.

For Example an I-75 Race would mean the bug would have to visit each state that I-75 travels, same thing for an I-80 race or any other Interstate.

Opinions anyone?

I still like the idea of having a race of doing all 50 states. It was proposed a while ago, but never got off it's feet.

I think it's a good idea because:

- your bug can start and end anywhere

- with no defined route, caches shouldn't get flooded with race bugs (like NY, PA, OH caches at the start of the first cannonball race)

- with no defined route, more people have a chance to participate.

Granted it may take a very long time to "win", but it could be set up to say the bug that has hit the most states by a certain date wins, etc.

Sounds like fun, Erik. I just myself can't devote the time to organizing a race of the magnitude of Cannonball Run - complete with website and all. I hope someone here might volunteer to set up more races.

... I'm just thinking the Cannonball Run race will generally mean most of the SouthEast states will miss out, ...

An I-95 Race, for example, would hit the Southeastern US ...

I still like the idea of having a race of doing all 50 states. It was proposed a while ago, but never got off it's feet.

I think it's a good idea because:

- your bug can start and end anywhere

- with no defined route, caches shouldn't get flooded with race bugs (like NY, PA, OH caches at the start of the first cannonball race)

- with no defined route, more people have a chance to participate.

Granted it may take a very long time to "win", but it could be set up to say the bug that has hit the most states by a certain date wins, etc.

Give me a few days and I will unveil a great tb race idea. Very few rules and anyone can join at ANY time with ANY bug. The only prize would be bragging rights though. It's something I have been kicking around for awhile and the success of another cache and the frustrating rules of another race made this idea come together.

Sn :o;) gans