Mounting Vista

I had the suction cup mount for my Vista and it worked pretty good. Never fell off but you had to keep it up high in the mount because of the buttons on the side. All in all I was happy with it. In fact the Vista Suction cup mount is a better fit for the new 60CS than the one designed for the CS.

murph

I agree with PS. The RAM mounts work very well. You can design the mount to fit your specific need. For instance; I used a Magellan bicycle mount with a RAM Flexarm setup. Total cost @ ~$100 with shipping and tax. Since installing this, the one downfall to the flexarm is when I'm a bit heavy footed on the gas. The arm will flex and bring the GPS in the way of the steering wheel. So, I attached a velcro strap using the mounting screw on the upper right corner of the radio to hold the flexarm in place against the dashboard ridge when I don't need the GPS up closer to me.

The advantages to having this kind of setup is the mount isn't fixed in one location. If I need it at the dash level, there it is. If I need it closer but not in my hands and still easy to read while I'm driving, there it is. The passenger can adjust it so it is in front of them if they are navigating. Also, using the manufacturer's bicycle mount allowed me to take advantage of the quick-disconnect. The power supply is quick disonnected in the same motion without having to disconnect it physically from the GPS unit.

My setup is mounted onto the drivetrain tunnel. You can use fixed arm rather than a flex arm.

115661_500.jpg

115661_600.jpg

115661_700.jpg

Edited by TotemLake
I just used to clamp my Vista between the dashboard and window. Worked good because of the rubber armor around the Vista.

I used to do that too, but every now and then, I had to have it closer or it would bump out of its grip on the forest roads. With open windows that can lead to a moment of panic. I also recall seeing someone write that it cracked their windshield. So be careful with that.

:D Thanks for all the info. Im going to buy a Ram mount for the windshield. The only concern I have does anybody know if your gps will rattle around in the holder? Does the holder keep your gps in place again Im using a Vista.

It holds it pretty securely. I put of couple of little adhesive felt pads in the corners, but probably didn't really need them.