I'm A Knob But Willing To Learn.

Aurora Borealis

I've been lurking from my cave but I've finally come out, registered, purchased a 60C, updated the software, entered 2 caches and hopefully I'll bag my first cache later this afternoon after meeting with the accountant to pay taxes.

I really appreciate the depth of knowledge that the members have and I particularly like the Zip Code cache searcher.

Entering the coordinates, even with my enthusiasm, is already tiring and I know that I'll be downloading other coordinates shortly. Am I being a complainer to soon or have I already elevated my game?

I hope to learn quite a bit more and in the near future I'll be a 'geo daddy' by giving birth to my first cache. <_<:lol::rolleyes:

Good luck with your first cache(s). Not sure where you're from (there are many Orange County's!), but you may check your state's page to see if there is a local group you can contact as well as see if there are any events you can attend.

To find this page, go to the main geocaching.com site and select your state from the drop-down menu on the right. On the resulting page, if your state has a group, it will be listed under the license plate. Events are listed at the top of the page.

Happy caching!

LizCodd,

OK, the Knob is here! Is this going to be one of those dry whit British things? I spent a summer studying at Trinity College in Cambridge and to this day I'm still scratching my head. ;) Fried slice? No ice in soda? Curry here and curry there. I have relatives named 'Curry" and I don't like them anymore! ;) Power to the colonists although I like the cigar department in Harrod's. ;)

Or did I say something nasty? Bonnet is a hood, lift is an elevator, holiday is a vacation and a knob is a ........

While I love your little island I still believe that gin is probably your greatest contribution to the world and to my drinking! :D

Edited by Aurora Borealis

Sort of like when we took our Australian friends to their first baseball game and they roared when we sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at the seventh-inning stretch. When we got to the part, "Root root root for the home team....." and they were beside themselves, we just looked at them like, "What the heck?"

Then they told us. :D

(Use minstrelcat's link, if you're naive and innocent, as we WERE.)