Links To Approvers Profiles

CYBret

How about it? Since the approvers seldom log finds with their approver names it's kind of hard to go to the seek page and look them up by finders. Could the pages for individual states list the approver (or approvers) there as a quick way of knowing who to get in touch with if you have a question/problem?

Bret

The fasted way to do what you want is to look at the bottom of one of your own approved caches.

The person, or one of the persons, working in your area will be listed as the approver of that cache page. If several people approves caches in your area, you might have to place several caches to get all the names.

Then just save them in your address book for later reference.

logscaler.

The fasted way to do what you want is to look at the bottom of one of your own approved caches.

This doesn't help the cachers who haven't placed a cache yet, and have questions they want to ask before putting time and effort into placing a cache they're not certain would be approved. Plus, the Approver list isn't "set in stone" so just because someone approved your last cache, doesn't mean that person is still the approver for your area, or ever was, because the approvers do cover for each other from time to time.

I agree with CYBret, this would be a nice feature to add to the state pages. I'm not sure how to handle the situations where there's more than one approver for a state. I guess it's not that big a deal, if you contacted the wrong one, I'm sure he/she could easily point you to the correct one for your part of the state.

CYBret the link is here:

Go to the bottom of your cache In Memory of Blackie where it said approved by: and click on their name and your current reviewers profile pops up. at least in IL

Tennessee Geocacher // Reviewer

Edited by Tennessee Geocacher
CYBret the link is here:

Thanks, but that's really not my point. I'm not necessarily talking about MY caches or MY state. I'm right on the border of Indiana and have no caches placed there, so in order to email their approver I have to go hunting to find out who he is. After about 20 minutes I find the name, but it sure would be handy if there were an easier way...more direct...more "on purpose."

Think about the new guy who's never submitted a cache and has a few questions for his local approver. How does he know where to go to find their name? Same boat.

Bret

This doesn't help the cachers who haven't placed a cache yet, and have questions they want to ask before putting time and effort into placing a cache they're not certain would be approved

Then in that scene, why not post something to the Forum section for the area in question asking the approver for that area to contact them?

Or asking one of the players in that area who happens to have an approved cache or two that they have hunted whom to contact?

Or hitting that "Contact Us" button and asking TPTB whom to contact?

But if you really want/need a list, instead of having the cache pages list all the approvers, why not have the "Local Area Approvers" listed on the State page - the page where all the Map, "Events, Past and Present"; "Latest caches hidden"; "Latest travel Bugs" and the "Local Organizations" - are listed. Just post the "Local Area Approvers" contact info under the "Local Organizations" listing. That way you would have less clutter on the cache pages.

Just a couple thoughts about the subject.

logscaler.