What's In A Name?

Riddlers

We have been a member for about a month. When we joined we picked a name because of the town we live in. Riddle. Today I see that someone less than 65 miles away has taken the name Miss Riddler just this week. Will this cause problems with logs and posts? How special is your name, What if someone near you took a name real close to yours? would it make a difference?

Riddler is pretty common. I'd only worry about it if the other person tried to pass off as you in the forums... Then I'd email Groundspeak privately on a possible abuse situation. Otherwise, relax and enjoy yourself. :rolleyes:

Personally, for me, my user name is not important, really. I'd only be concerned if someone were abusing the system, as above.

Good hunting!

I can see some confusion, particularly since you are in the same region. But there really isn't anything you can do about it outside correcting people who confuse you with the other party. As far as the logs and posts, it won't cause problems.

Edited by briansnat

Funny you should ask. :(

I just changed my userid from "mrkablooey" to "robert". When I first got here, I got confused with kablooey, and even now, I still get questions as to whether or not we're the same person. I once even got an email from someone talking to him about something, I had to politely point them in the right direction.

It's not a big deal... but I wanted to go with something that is a lot more unique, so I picked "robert". :blink: Lucky for me it was available! It'll probably cause more confusion now, but I'm an officer in the local club so I see and talk to most all the cachers in the area anyway so I can take care of it that way. That combined with being a blabber-mouth here in the forums should help out some. I've got 261 (4 are still unlogged for a reason) logbooks out there that say "mrkablooey", though. :(

I guess what I'm trying to say is make a decision.... if you are bothered by it, then change your userid (you can do that in your profile without starting a new account and losing your stats). If not, don't worry about it. Let us know if you have any questions. :(