Tb Activity Notice

Go JayBee

Yes, this is displayed on My Page under the My Inventory listing....I do have the bug that is being referred to, with the owner's permission to hold it until I go on vacation next week.

Just thought it was interesting that some of our ideas have finally been implemented.

I've caught some flack about this, but I think it's a great idea. The notice isn't ugly, judgmental, or accusatory. There are no flashing lights or sirens. More of a gentle nudge. It's just a reminder that you've held onto a bug for over 2 weeks.

Some folks think that 2 weeks is premature, but I think it's about right. If you haven't been caching in 2 weeks and you get the notice, it might take you a couple of weeks to plan another caching adventure. By that time, you've held onto the bug for a month and that's certainly enough time to be moving it along, barring extraordinary circumstances.

And now...I need to go write to the owner of the bug that I've held onto for more than 14 days! :D

I've caught some flack about this, but I think it's a great idea. The notice isn't ugly, judgmental, or accusatory. There are no flashing lights or sirens. More of a gentle nudge. It's just a reminder that you've held onto a bug for over 2 weeks.

Some folks think that 2 weeks is premature, but I think it's about right. If you haven't been caching in 2 weeks and you get the notice, it might take you a couple of weeks to plan another caching adventure. By that time, you've held onto the bug for a month and that's certainly enough time to be moving it along, barring extraordinary circumstances.

And now...I need to go write to the owner of the bug that I've held onto for more than 14 days! :D

I think it's ok, but only has one flaw. The person who has had my bug for nearly 9 weeks hasn't even logged into the site in that time. I did send him an email, and he says he's going to place it soon.....time will tell.

The other flaw is that the activity it recognizes is dropping off a TB. I sent a TB to a cacher to add to an international cache (with email permission of the cache owner). I got the warning. I posted on the site forum about this and it still hasn't changed, two weeks later. Oh well.