Etrex Line Future!?!?!?!?

Ok here is my question. I am looking at getting a legend. I am seeing the 30 dollar rebate and the fact that not many big retailers are having any in stock for a few months as a big sign that garmin is about to release somethign new. any ideas what, or how comparable it will be? or if the etrex line is just being phased out because of the 70 line and the 60??? i just can't decide to get a legend at a nice rebated price or to hold off. money is an issue though.... so thats why i may want to go ahead and get one now...

dougtape

Funny. I asked Fry’s about in Saturday, when Michelle and I were getting our $50.00 back because of the sale price. She paid $199.99 2 weeks ago at Fry’s, and then they put it on sale this past Friday for $149.99. They quickly issued the $50.00 diff. back to her CC, but said they were not aware of a MFG. Rebate. FUNNY. Guess we will be back at Fry’s tonight to change the paperwork to show the correct date for the rebate. I guess it is hard to keep your employees up to date on everything. No big deal, we are withing 10 miles of the store.

THANKS FOR POSTING THE LINK

good question, the extrex series has been around for a while. i think to get a good answer to the question it would be wise to ask the people at garmin. there is a link on the website for inquires like that.

i'm interested in that answer too as i am also looking at gettin a extrex legend

When the Garmin GPSMap 60 series started to make waves in the forums, there was a tease picture that showed 2 units below the 60c. I am waiting for these to come out, but no one is saying anything about them, but they are real units.

17139870-a288-4b12-aa10-2bf6c9ea7fa5.jpg

Binrat

You have to ask yourself do I want one now or do I keep waiting for new releases. I bought a etrex legend last June when Garmin was offering a $50 rebate on them. The rebate expired at the end of june 2003 and I see they still sell them. Even if they did discontinue it does it make it any less of a GPS. NO. I think it is a great unit for the price. I paid 149.95 after rebate.

allright aboutt he rebate, i have 2 in my pocket, AND amazon.com put it as a link on the page when I was buying rebate link this is the link it gave me and it is basically a scan of the form i have in my hand! but alas the garmin website did not mention it today.

by the way, amazon had it for 159.99 then there is the $30 rebate so i said what the heck!

dougtape