Interesting Cache

Looking for information on this cache GC55A5. I Need help translating the Swedish. I logged it as a find because I went to the web site and did the little GPS tutorial thing. The web site let's you play a Geocaching tutorial game that has 5 hidden waypoints. All of this done on the computer from the comfort of your home or office.

-Edited by me to add more details about this cache.

Edited by Prairie Dog 76

WoW! Looks like you logged the lamest cache in the world! Congrats!

I thought the whole point of geocaching was to get you outside and away from your home or office.

Edited by Mopar
WoW! Looks like you logged the lamest cache in the world! Congrats!...

That was helpful. The edited version didn't take the teeth out.

Edit: There are a ton of online translators. They can help you get the gist of test but are not all that good for conveying what people really said. I completely failed though to find anything other than a dictionary to translate one word at a time.

Edited by Renegade Knight
WoW! Looks like you logged the lamest cache in the world! Congrats!

Oh come on, we all know nothing's lamer than this!!!

:P

I still think the OPs choice is lamer. At least with the american flag locationless you probably have to leave the house (although I could log it from my living room window) and go outside. There are also a few unusual flags there like this one near me:

1244880_200.JPG

I personally wouldn't log a find on either cache though.

The US Flag LC can be a tough one to find, all depends on the circumstances. This one was on a 5/5 scale. Special equipment needed (besides the Marine Corps) would include a flak jacket to guard against intermittent sniper fire.

a71c462c-d2b9-463c-a5fe-92e7ee642d17.jpg

Edited by Perfect Tommy
I Need help translating the Swedish.

Here's my feeble attempt to translate the cache page into English:

The cache is well hidden freezer box which contains: log book, pen and also five little bags of candy. :P Park and leave your car at a small crossroads: N 57° 27.987. E 012° 44.600. The cache can be found at old cultivation landscape, and the way there goes through a beautiful fir forest. The leg is about 1 km long. A good deal of the path is marked.* However, don't take the path towards the buildings. Bring some coffee with you and relax at Änglamarken. Can also be found as simulator in the [inter]net.

* I'm not sure about this: the direct translation is something like The courier leads you a good deal of the way. So I just took a wild guess. :P

I don't quite get the additional hint: Not fish and not in between. :P Maybe it points that the net doesn't mean a fishnet. :P

Edit: Or it probably points to the hiding place of the actual physical cache.

I also didn't quite get where does it actually say you can solve this by doing the simulation. The cache page doesn't seem to point to the simulation itself. To me the description seems to say there's an actual physical cache at the coordinates. Needless to say that I would never log it as a find without finding it. So I tend to agree with Corp Of Discovery on this.

Sorry if my translation went badly wrong at some point. Hedberg can probably correct it in a minute. :P

Edited by Divine

Okay, I'm Swedish and I have met the cache owner a few times at different events.

I think the producer of the Geocaching Simulator just took this cache without asking the cache owner about it.

There is a physical cache hidden, I haven't been there myself yet, but there is one...

The cacheowner logged it himself on March 6th 2004 and wrote in Swedish (and here is the translation: "Tried the simulator that are not MINE, but I logged here. A convienent way to find caches. Thanks stenebo."

Stenebo is the maker of the simulator. (He says that on his profile page). He found the real cache and after that did all the "virtual" logs appear.

The cacheowner can't be hold responsible for the simulator.

The simulator is a great way to learn people about what Geocaching is about, even better if you had to look for the cache, open it, find all the McToys and then need to find a free space in the logbook to sign your visit :P

Edited by hedberg
I do not think that this cache is meant to be logged like this. They used the real cache as an example in the tutorial. Maybe one of the Scandanavian forum members could clarify this.

Yes, there is a real cache at the location. I have just visited it to make sure.

b40d44e3-32d2-47f8-a5c4-2c35cdaaf382.jpg

Attared i Örby, Marks kommun.

Cachen är en mycket väl dold fryslåda som innehåller: loggbok, penna samt fem små påsar godis. Ställ eventuellt fordon och utgå från lilla korsningen: N 57° 27.987. E 012° 44.600. Cachen finns i ett gammalt odlingslandskap och vägen dit går genom vacker granskog. Sträckan är ca 1km lång. Kuriren leder er en bra bit på vägen. Ta dock ej vägen mot byggnaderna. Medför eventuellt fika och koppla av denna dag mitt i Änglamarken. Finns även som simulator på nätet.

Okay, I don't know Swedish, but with the use of a Ouija board, consulting my Swedish self from a past life, and using what I consider to be my gift of an instinctive gift for linguistics, I have come to a reliable translation.

Caches are in mackerel with old fries and salad of some inn or hall: Logbooks, pens, salmon and feminine hygiene goodies are included. The stall will eventually flood if not flushed you Lilly Corsican. [klingon code expressed in numbers] The cache ends if you commit unnatural acts on the land and vegeterians eating poisonous fish hack big loogies. Strike the cat for one kilometer. Carry its leader in your bra until you are bit and cussing. Take a boat and eat vegetable from a bandana. Therefore you eventually find a koala and devil dog mating at a strange angle. Finish with some wine and simulate a parrot.

This service provided free of charge.

OMG Toron. You just had me laughing so hard my hubby came upstairs to see if I was okay! No offense to any foreign language, but this is one of the best posts I have seen in a long time. I think Toron needs a job as a translator with the UN now. :P

OMG Toron. You just had me laughing so hard my hubby came upstairs to see if I was okay! No offense to any foreign language, but this is one of the best posts I have seen in a long time. I think Toron needs a job as a translator with the UN now. :)

Thank you, thank you. I'm in town all weekend. Hope ya come and see us again.

Or perhaps I should say, Donka, Donka Uma ina tuna toda endas weekers. Hypo ugo peer unt mora.

Dang, I'm like an idiot savant without the savant part. I can't seem to shut this multilingual stuff off. :)

Okay, Trekker68 has been there. I looked in the gallery of the cache, wow. I was stunned by all the beautiful pics from the area :) Take a look, wow, I really like the imagination people have :)

In fact, there were one pic I laughed at: "Spoilerpic of cache 4". :D

I still think the OPs choice is lamer. At least with the american flag locationless you probably have to leave the house (although I could log it from my living room window) and go outside. There are also a few unusual flags there like this one near me:

I personally wouldn't log a find on either cache though.

My initial comment was tongue in cheek. Sure. I can look out my office window and see at least three US flags. Now, had the cache required that you only log US flags that are located OUTSIDE the US, that would have been a little more challenging.

I don't consider it anything more than number padding if all I have to do is drive by my neighborhood post office and snap a photo. Doesn't bother me if anyone else does it, but I don't see any fun in it.

However, I logged the Radio K.A.O.S. locationless awhile back and, although it was a fascinating broadcast, I felt almost dirty logging it as a find without ever having changed out of my pajamas. :)