GPS In A Can

Markwell on Markwell:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/marklent60544...g/neologism.htm

Markwelling (to markwell) verb In the discussion board: To reference a pre-existing thread to a current discussion in a polite manner, bringing historical perspective to the discussion. Named after the resident archivist on the Geocaching discussion boards. UPDATE: Markwell's fading from the forums seems to have changed his status from Archivist to Ent.
Edited by bons

Has anybody seen the the new Coke summer contest? They are loading 120 Coke cans with a GPS enabled Cell phone as part of their contest. When the devices are activated it directs Coke officials to the location of the can. Talk about big brother, this an interesting concept for GPS publicity.

[Duplicate topic was merged by moderator into original topic.]

Edited by Keystone Approver

My mom keeps telling me, "When 'they' start zapping people off the earth, I am staying away from you and your gadgets, 'they'll' find you". I laugh at her. Now I wonder... Coke has this Unexpected Summer Contest going on with the GPS Can.... I thought you used the GPS to find out where you were, not "they" find me. This contest makes it sound otherwise, though in this case, let "them" find me!!! I could use a new SUV!!! Anyhow... so, is it really the GPS they are tracking? or the cell phone? Maybe mom is right - if so - I will tell her how wrong I was, and beg her forgiveness after I pick her up and take her to lunch in my new Coke SUV. :lol:

I think if I found one of these, I'd call in, then head out to my favorite five-star terrain cache and make them work to find me. 

Thinkin just the opposite here. Im gonna get in the most accessible, wide open, treeless spot i can find, then set up camp and wait for them to home in on me. :P Dont want them having any trouble delivering that prize! B) Sure hope its a Yellow Jeep!!! (oooops, wrong contest) ^_^