The "let's Go Geocaching" Brochure

I've made a couple of changes to the "Let's Go Geocaching" Brochure that I wanted everyone to be informed about.

First of all, BIG THANKS to TeamK-9 for pointing out something I had missed on the brochure. Thanks to them, the contact information box on the back is now able to accept text. Just enter your personal contact info (or your group contact info) into the box and it will print it out for you. One bit of advice though, be sure to "click off" from the text box before printing or your entered text won't show up.

Also, thanks to Murfster who helped me with a few wording changes that make the brochure more "Canadian-friendly."

Most of all, a GREAT BIG THANKS to all of you who continue to visit the page and download the brochure!

Bret

Still no mention of hamsters. It would have been *really* helpful for the brochure to have addressed that, when I was trying to explain to the officer why I had 15 hamsters in my backpack at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night.

But other than that, keep up the good work!

Edited by The Leprechauns
Still no mention of hamsters. It would have been *really* helpful for the brochure to have addressed that, when I was trying to explain to the officer why I had 15 hamsters in my backpack at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night.

fine

Still no mention of hamsters.  It would have been *really* helpful for the brochure to have addressed that, when I was trying to explain to the officer why I had 15 hamsters in my backpack at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night.

fine

way too funny. already printed one out. :ph34r:

Where is the Candian Version?

There is no Canadian version, rather the brochure itself is a little more universal than it was before. Murfster got me to change "zipcode" to "zip/postal code" and a few other things like that.

I left the "u" out of "color" because you people just need to get over that, ok? :ph34r:

Oh, by the way, there is a New Zealand version of the brochure available here.

Bret

Still no mention of hamsters.  It would have been *really* helpful for the brochure to have addressed that, when I was trying to explain to the officer why I had 15 hamsters in my backpack at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night.

fine

Someone has way too much time... This is great! A didn't get a backache like Lep but I sure laughed out loud.

fine

I love it! I love it so much that I could just DANCE :blink:

Love the brochure, CYBret!! I'm still having a little trouble getting this thing to fold properly. Anyone else having this problem? What am I doing wrong?

There is no good break in the info to fold it on, but I've found it works best if you just measure it off and fold...

I have found that if you cut 5mm. off of each side edge (not top or bottom) of the finished printout it folds perfectly for the front and inside text, with only the very back of the folded brochure shifted to one side but still fully visable.

Hope this helps make an already awesome effort by CYBrett a little closer to perfect. :blink:

Edited by MedicP1
Ummm....dumb question -- does anyone know how to print this in 2 sided mode? I'm using a Macinatosh (Power Mac G4) and printing to an HP psc 1110 ll-in-one.

Thanks!

Bec

I usually just print out the first side, and then put the paper back in the feed tray, and run it through again, printing out the second side...

Ummm....dumb question -- does anyone know how to print this in 2 sided mode? I'm using a Macinatosh (Power Mac G4) and printing to an HP psc 1110 ll-in-one.

According to the Manual it doesn't look like you can do 2 sided printing on that printer... just print one side and turn them over and printer the other B)

Love the brochure, CYBret!!  I'm still having a little trouble getting this thing to fold properly.  Anyone else having this problem?  What am I doing wrong?

The folds have been a constant problem. They seem to work for some people but not all. I'm guessing it has to do with how different printers interpret pdf files. Personally, it works fine on my HP Deskjet 950c...so...umm...go out and buy one for yourself! B)

I'm still looking for a real solution.

MOST DISTURBING NEWS EVER: The "Let's Go Hamstercaching!" brochure has been downloaded a total of 617 times and is now ranked the third most popular page on my site (after the main page and the REAL brochure).

You people are sick, man.

Bret

Love the brochure, CYBret!!  I'm still having a little trouble getting this thing to fold properly.  Anyone else having this problem?  What am I doing wrong?

The folds have been a constant problem. They seem to work for some people but not all. I'm guessing it has to do with how different printers interpret pdf files. Personally, it works fine on my HP Deskjet 950c...so...umm...go out and buy one for yourself! B)

MOST DISTURBING NEWS EVER: The "Let's Go Hamstercaching!" brochure has been downloaded a total of 617 times and is now ranked the third most popular page on my site (after the main page and the REAL brochure).

You people are sick, man.

Bret

yeah! we're sick, but you love us anyway don't you? B)

The folds have been a constant problem.  They seem to work for some people but not all.  I'm guessing it has to do with how different printers interpret pdf files.  Personally, it works fine on my HP Deskjet 950c...so...umm...go out and buy one for yourself! :lol:

Please just use the Official Groundspeak Paper-Folding Instructions.

That's all good 'till you come to instruction 16!

WOAH!

:lol:B)B):mad:

I know well that it has been said before but that frog just looks like something too rude to mention.

If anyone thinks I am gonna put that on my antenna they need to think again. What did you say it's name was, 'Richard Cranium the Frog'? Doesn't even roll off the tongue easily!!!!! B)

edited to add punctuation

Edited by bug&snake