Geocaching Of Another Sort ?

vds

I spent the night at the A'Le'Inn when I lived in Vegas a few years ago. Got as close to the dreaded "Do not cross or we will shoot you" signs as we could when we drove down to the facility access. I remember back then how folks tried to spot the sensors on the side of Groom Lake road. I never saw one myself or got harrassed by the gov. There had been a big rainstorm the day before I was there and so the road was washed out close to the No Trespassing sign and I figured they knew my car wouldn't be crossing anyhow... It was a fun trip. Reading this article, I think I'd be more paranoid going back knowing that they detect folks in a wider range that directly off GL road. It is definately an X-file-ish feel there ;)

Edited by Pixie_Tracker

Radio relayed remote sensors!

Wow! Now that's really scary.

Kinda like the little "ding donger" on the Radio Shack door.

Why do people think it is odd for government agencies to want to know when someone is coming or going near their installations?

i suspect what this is really all about is that remote TV cameras are a little too expensive to be used in this case.

Sound like the government might be saving some of OUR money.

Come to think of it, THAT is really scary! (have the aliens taken over?) :lol:

i suspect what this is really all about is that remote TV cameras are a little too expensive to be used in this case.

No, they have remote cameras. (Sorry about the bad quality of this old scanned image...)

cam1.jpg

The old remote sensors were seismic ones, updated versions of the ones used since Vietnam, which were hooked to batteries and remote transmitters and stuffed into the geocacher's best friend, the ammo can.

Also, I have no idea who these people are on top of Tikaboo Peak near Area 51... :lol:

ispy1.jpg

Anyone need to coords for the black mailbox?