Gps Drawing

That would be one long multi to do that. How many stages do you think that would take? Don't forget the hint to not stray from the course, and don't quit halfway through to come back tomorrow. I love the unexpected uses some people can come up with for stuff like a GPS.

Some prior discussions of GPS drawing: this topic and this topic and this post and this topic and this post and this post and this topic and this topic and this topic and this other topic and this other other topic and this other other other topic (all four from October 2001 when gpsdrawing was slashdotted - the earliest references I could find) and even a topic in the South Africa forum or the Northwest forum or the benchmarking forum.

So yeah, it's been posted. :D

For a way cool example of a geocache that uses gps drawing, see Track and Trick by Tprints, in Erie Pennsylvania.

I tried this last December, and posted the results here, but I can't seem to find my post.

In short, for my first experiment; I tried to create an image of Tux the Penguin, the Linux mascot, while driving around Winston-Salem NC. Unfortunately, the roads didn't always cooperate, so here's my best effort.

Total distance: 52.77 miles

Total Time: 02h 38m

57027_2400.jpg57027_2500.jpg57027_2600.jpg57027_2700.jpg