One Month Ago Today

On May 4th I bought my first GPS to use for fishing.

Well doing some research online later that same day I found geocaching.com

Now a month later, 12 finds, 5 TB's and 1 cache placed I can look back and know what i really bought the GPS for, Geocaching! :lol:

I can not say enough good things about Geocaching.

I have lived in this area for 16 years and have found new places that I have never been to or noticed before because of Geocaching.

Geocaching, it's not just a hobby.

It's a adventure :lol:

Edited by Milbank
On May 4th I bought my first GPS to use for fishing.

Well doing some research online later that same day I found geocaching.com

That's about how I started. I bought a GPS for hunting while I was in Colorado. When I got home I found out about geocaching. I wish I had heard about it before, I would have cached 5 states on that trip! :lol:

My sister, BIL and I were sitting around one weekend and griping because there was never anything to do and we were tired of playing cards, games and karaoke. A few days later, a good friend of mine told me about geocaching. I didn't think much of it at first because I thought it cost alot to get started. Once I found out a basic GPSr cost hardly nothing, I got more interested. Talked my BIL into buying one and off we went. Couple weeks later, I bought my own GPSr. Since then, they've been working on their house and I've been leaving them in the dust as far as cache finds. I think it would be more of a winter time hobby for them instead of doing it in the spring and summer when they have more projects to do. For me, I'm ready to go year round...lol

Found my first cache on March 28th, 2004 and already have almost 50 finds. I can't get enough of geocaching!