Cheap But Good Gps

I'm 15 and I just started geocaching. I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well, doesn't have tons of fancy features, and that my parents would be willing to buy, ie inexpensive. As I said, I don't need a whole bunch of extra-features, I just need a unit that will get me to the cache and home! Preferably under $150 Canadian. Thanx for any help, its appreciated!

toni_the_snail

Magellan's GPS 315 is also a good bet. Extremely durable, accurate, only slightly larger than the E-Trex (just the antenna portion, which by the way is the Quad-Helix type-better in tree cover), and inexpensive. I got alot of caches with mine before finally upgrading to a Sportrak Pro.

I'm 15 and I just started geocaching. I'm looking for a GPS unit that will work well, doesn't have tons of fancy features, and that my parents would be willing to buy, ie inexpensive. As I said, I don't need a whole bunch of extra-features, I just need a unit that will get me to the cache and home! Preferably under $150 Canadian. Thanx for any help, its appreciated!

toni_the_snail

Nope it's not an oxymoron.

Check out the Garmin Geko 201. You can find it for $164 alot of places. gpscentral.ca , lebaron.ca etc.... I got my local CanadianTire to price match Lebarons (lebaron.ca), so I got it for $164+tax then they gave me $21 back in CanadianTire money. I think it was only supposed to be 10% of the difference not 10% of the whole price but either way it's a good deal.

Thorin