Pq Help

ZackJones

Greetings,

I could use a little assistance with a PQ. I would like to download a list of all locationless caches that I haven't found and are active regarless of location.

The problem seems to be with the origin. You're required to put one in so I use my zip 31088 and a radius of 50000 and all I get back is 3 pages when there's way more locationless caches than that.

It would be nice if you could just select locationless that I haven't found and generate a query from those two parameters.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Zack

I don't think you can do this. Might be easier, since you have 15, to just visit the 15 caches and save each as an individual GPX file (or LOC file if you wanted it that way).

Thanks for the reply. Actually I'm not concerned with the 15 I've already found. I'm interested in 269 others that I haven't found yet :D I suppose I could start with all of the caches created by folks here in the USA and then expand to other countries.

I sure would like to be able to download all locationless caches at once though.

Zack

This question is frequently asked, but I don't think it's made it to either of the official FAQs. (Requests to just make the PQ interface work sensibly for this seem to go nowhere as locationess have fallen into the "ugly child" category.)

It's totally illogical how to do it, but here's how. Select 500 caches of type locationless Choose "by state" and then select ALL the options in that picklist. (On most OS/broswers, you'll find this easiest to just hold the shift key and park on cursor down while in the dialogue, but there might be some kind of control-scoot-scrunch mouse action you could do...)

Preview the PQ and verify that it returns the same count (284 as I write this) as the "all locationless" link at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/