Garmin 60cs Vs 76cs

I was headed toward the purchase of a 76cs when I compared the models using the a feature on Garmin's web site. The main differences I found were:

60cs = no tide prediction

76cs = 115 MB memory, 60 = 56 MB

60cs = a little cheaper

Since I didn't need tide data I just looked into the memory issue. According to this review of the 60c, 56 MB was plenty for my purposes.

And FedEx delivered it today! ...guess I'll be up late tonight...

-Jeff

I was headed toward the purchase of a 76cs when I compared the models using the a feature on Garmin's web site. The main differences I found were:

60cs = no tide prediction

76cs = 115 MB memory, 60 = 56 MB

60cs = a little cheaper

Since I didn't need tide data I just looked into the memory issue. According to this review of the 60c, 56 MB was plenty for my purposes.

And FedEx delivered it today! ...guess I'll be up late tonight...

-Jeff

Well you should be even happier as you can download the tide data from the Garmin site into your 60cs tonite when it arrives.

Yes it does. In fact, the units share the same firmware.

I don't believe this is true. Garmin does not mention the Special Geocaching mode for the 76c or 76cs. Also, in Garmin's geocaching product guide they do not list the 76c or 76cs.

-Scott

They don't mention that the 60C(S) has tidal predictions either. But it does.

Here's a tidal prediciton screen from my 60CS:

139218.JPG

Yes it does. In fact, the units share the same firmware.

I don't believe this is true. Garmin does not mention the Special Geocaching mode for the 76c or 76cs. Also, in Garmin's geocaching product guide they do not list the 76c or 76cs.

-Scott

You can download the 76CS Manual and then search or scroll through it to see it mentions the geocache functions throughout it. Page 37 of the manual (47 of the PDF file) discusses Searching for a Geocache using the 76CS. Page 65 of the manual (75 of the PDF file) discusses the Geocache setup page.

In the PDF manual you can see screenshots as well and they are the same as the 60C(S).

David

Edited by Team DEMP