Cache Trasher And Deleting Their Logs

I have done some research on a particular geocacher(s) and have strong evidence that they trash caches, steal caches, take TBs without ever logging, and falsely log caches, including one of mine. Sounds like misguided youth. In reading posts about how to deal with such people, the consensus seemed to be to ignore them, and they eventually get bored and go away. However, I would like to delete their find log for my cache, partly because I have strong evidence that they didn't find it, and also because they say something that would falsely scare people away from it. Would they get notice if I deleted their find log? I don't want them to take revenge on my or any other caches in the area.

Post a find to one of your own caches, then delete it. The note you get via email is exactly what he will get.

Yeah, it'll stir him up. But one way for definate proof is go & take a pic of the log NOW. His name there? No? Delete the log, but be ready!

Ignoring them won't necessarily cause them to become bored and go away. They are just as likely to believe that, because no one is making a stink that they are getting away with it unnoticed and will continue to do so.

Remember the bullies in elementary school? "Just ignore them," my parents said. But it never worked. They just kept coming back. It wasn't until I stood up to them that they took their trouble elsewhere.

If you are sure they didn't find your cache, delete the log. If you feel bad about it, send them an e-mail asking some sort of question that would proove that they were there or asking them to edit their post to remove the language that you feel misrepresents the cache. If they don't meet your requirements, the log is gone. Remember, this is YOUR cache and they have to play by your rules.

You run the risk of this guy coming back and trashing your cache. In which case you should feel justified in going through his other logs, contacting the owners of those caches and letting them know what this guy did so that they can check the physical logs in their caches and, if he's a lier, delete his logs there.

I've seen it happen before where someone makes such a widespread 4$$ of himself that the GC higherups take action. For example:

I had logged a number of benchmarks. Later, there were a series of logs by a user that said the same thing for each one, that my pictures were helpful and he had found the marks. I thought it was a little suspicious but didn't think much more than that. Later on the lists I heard about this cacher who regularly did this sort of thing, logging benchmarks and caches that he hadn't actually visited. When I went back to the benchmarks with those logs I found that the logs had been deleted. I can only assume that the authorities took action.

When people like that get the reputation they deserve, they are much more likely to go away. And that reputation doesn't get out when you as a cache owner does nothing.

Check out the log book in the cache, verify that the didn't sign it. If that is the case then send them a polite email asking them to change their log to a DNF and remove the incorrect info. If they don't you are well with in your rights as a cache owner to delete that log since you've confirmed that they didn't sign the log. I'd also suggest you post a note to your cache page indicating that the info in their log is incorrect.

Will that make them mad? Maybe. They will eventually get bored with trashing caches, and move on to some other way to destroy somone elses fun. Until then just keep caching.

We have been scrambling to find out what has happened. The THE TEAM members who found the cache, posted a picture of it. The members who found it also said that "It was on a well laid path, anyone who walked by it could've found it." They came by it on chance without following the following the puzzle questions. If you'd like to speak to the members who found it, I can connect you to them for more details. Hopefully this will clear the matter up. Please do not accuse THE TEAM of damaging caches without pertinent evidence in the future.

Renges

THE TEAM Spokesman

PS,

Our proof:

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/log/e83b0...012c04a9523.jpg

Edited by THETEAM

Hmmm seems like you should have PM them Renges. They were very professional and polite in not naming any names or specific caches etc. They kept it private maybe you should have done the same. Now if they had openly accused you or your team (naming names or specific caches) then yes I could see that reply being posted openly

They were very professional and polite in not naming any names or specific caches etc. They kept it private maybe you should have done the same.

It's never private when the story is posted on a public forum. Even when names or caches aren't mentioned, it's not that hard to find out what's going on when someone mentions problems with a cache. Other members trying to get details scramble through profiles and cache logs to find out what's really going on....lol

Lesson one: If you're going to start a thread about problems with a cache or a member with the intentions of keeping it private, you might as well just come out with it. Someone else will do it for you eventually anyway...lol

It is against TEAM policy to go against the policies of the groups that operate, organize, or orchestrate any of the activities that members of THE TEAM participate in.

THE TEAM has been getting e-mail over this from fellow geocachers, so it has not been kept private in the least. THE TEAM decided to issue a series of statements because there seems to be some question about the integrity of THE TEAM. After seeing these forums, I'm questioning the integrity of our accusers. I received hate mail from a confused geocacher, we were publically accused in a log, and we've been attacked in the Groundspeak forums. Not on any actual grounds either. This person seems to think, also, that THE TEAM is only one person. I can assure that it is not. It is an actual team that participates in a number of outdoor activities, geocaching being only one. If any member of THE TEAM is causing damage to caches, it is not on my watch. If any member of THE TEAM is caught causing damage, they will be dropped from the organization.

THE TEAM has launched a full-scale investigation into these matters. As of right now, no evidence of cache tampering has been found or brought to THE TEAM's attention.

Renges

TEAM spokesman

If any member of THE TEAM is causing damage to caches, it is not on my watch. If any member of THE TEAM is caught causing damage, they will be dropped from the organization.

THE TEAM has launched a full-scale investigation into these matters. As of right now, no evidence of cache tampering has been found or brought to THE TEAM's attention.

Renges

TEAM spokesman

Guess Tyson is the first to be banned for peeing in caches then, huh?

Hope you don't get burned!

Edited by Mrs.Nazz
It is against TEAM policy to go against the policies of the groups that operate, organize, or orchestrate any of the activities that members of THE TEAM participate in.

THE TEAM has been getting e-mail over this from fellow geocachers, so it has not been kept private in the least. THE TEAM decided to issue a series of statements because there seems to be some question about the integrity of THE TEAM. After seeing these forums, I'm questioning the integrity of our accusers. I received hate mail from a confused geocacher, we were publically accused in a log, and we've been attacked in the Groundspeak forums. Not on any actual grounds either. This person seems to think, also, that THE TEAM is only one person. I can assure that it is not. It is an actual team that participates in a number of outdoor activities, geocaching being only one. If any member of THE TEAM is causing damage to caches, it is not on my watch. If any member of THE TEAM is caught causing damage, they will be dropped from the organization.

Renges

TEAM spokesman

OH MY EYES!!! Zits and poor dental care way too close up!! Thanks a lot, Mrs NAzz! Now I have to go flush my eyes with bleach!

Renges

TEAM spokesman

Horsefeathers!!!

your proof

It is against TEAM policy to go against the policies of the groups that operate, organize, or orchestrate any of the activities that members of THE TEAM  participate in.

Renges

TEAM spokesman

Horsefeathers!!!

your proof

"deviantART is currently down for system maintenance. Please try back in 30 minutes. "

HAHAHAH!!! How convenient! I was just there, so they just went down!

By the way..... you are saying you want us to believe 5-6 people have spent a YEAR making hundreds of fake posts and posting thousands of photos...... just to frame you? riiiiiiight.

BTW, several of us already backed up the DeviantART sites, including the highres version of the photo you posted here as "proof" eariler.

STILL wanna go with this defense?

Edited by Mopar

:o

K...I agree with Mopar...seems a little too odd...anyways, if it were case...and if it is I apologize, but is it me or has there been no mention of any type of an apology from the TEAM's spokeperson...you would think if your name was being dragged through the dirt like this that you would at least apologize for those people involved...

anyways...just my thoughts on this...kinda wish this were in Michigan...I'd be waiting :P

I don't think anyone wants to run into a 6'10" 280lb man in the middle of the woods...

jk...jk :P

SixTen

the few TEAM members that are involved will be reprimanded.

Are they impersonating you or are part of your team? You have conflicting posts. :o

Someone needs to contact the owner of "a just desert" cache in Maine and let them know what happened to their cache.

I also wouldn't be visiting the cache hidden by THE TEAM. Any travel bugs put into sound like they are going to be confiscated.

And who logs a FOUND IT on their own cache anyway!??! LOL

THE TEAM council is currently investigating this situation. These pictures look doctored and we are questioning several members of the Southern Maine Branch. You will be updated on our progress. Please check back in a few weeks.

Renges

THE TEAM spokesman

Not sure you have a few weeks. I understand one of the defiled caches is owned by a local police officer. He's awfully interested in this thread. Not sure how long his investigation will take. Good luck.

PS. He seemed even more interested in some of the other pics and posts there. I guess if you aren't related to the guys at DeviantArt you don't have to worry though.

Edited by Mopar
Not sure you have a few weeks. I understand one of the defiled caches is owned by a local police officer. He's awfully interested in this thread. Not sure how long his investigation will take. Good luck.

PS. He seemed even more interested in some of the other picks and posts there. I guess if you aren't related to the guys at DeviantArt you don't have to worry though.

Cool, a good solution is possible.

I do not think I buy the Team's story either when you check there profile and all the caches they claim the online logs say that they have taken the TB's but every single cache on there cache page immediately after they were there the bugs are missing and even though Team says they took bugs they have NONE on there cache page . Also for there entire caching history every cache site has come up MIA or burned or destroyed , and when the next cacher gets there they report the results. This team should at least be investigated by someone. I think the authorities need to take action of somesort. :o:P

Ah come on.

You guys are all making this up, Right?

This is way to funny to be true.

Am I on Candid Camera right now?

Laughing my butt off over this thread.

Whats the next chapter about?

I know. "Power cachers and their trails!"

Thanks for the giggles.

And if by some strange stroke of bad luck this is all for real, some ones mommy needs to take their computer away from them.

logscaler.

Ah come on.

I know. "Power cachers and their trails!"

Thanks for the giggles.

And if by some strange stroke of bad luck this is all for real, some ones mommy needs to take their computer away from them.

logscaler.

It is all so true and just like the Ringbone exposure this one to will be imoprtalized along with Ace and the others. :D:P:o:P:D:D

Ah come on. 

I know.  "Power cachers and their trails!"

Thanks for the giggles.

logscaler.

It is all so true and just like the Ringbone exposure this one to will be imoprtalized along with Ace and the others. :P:P:D:D:D:D

Why does my post say THETEAM? :o

Ahhh, good morning! I see the imposters have all deleted the linked pages (good thing we did a 3 level deep backup of all the various team accounts yesterday morning, huh?). One thing doesn't make sense, perhaps Neodio...err I mean Renges can explain....

If all those guys on DeviantART were imposters trying to ruin the good name of theteam like you claim, why the hell would they delete all those doctored pictures that makes you look bad? I mean, you would think they would leave them up so everyone would get mad at you guys (and read the name and address off the speeding ticket pic, HA!). I don't get it. I mean, those guys spent like a year posting stuff there, and visiting all the same geocaches as you guys just to take pics and frame you, then delete all the fun stuff just when theteam is about to get torched? Why would they do that?

Edited by Mopar