A Ladies Cache?

I am new to this -- only 21 finds and a few DNS's my wife has been coming along and loves it as much as I do - glad to see me get some exercise and get some herself also. There is THAT isn't there? :D

She was wondering about lady cachers and I said there were many - and was wondering how a ladies cache would be received - she said the guys could just take something home to the wife if they wanted. ;)

A little input from the rest of you out there would be appreciated.

And hey from an ex-chef I'm thinking of a kitchen theme cache - with kitchen utensils in it.

Hey - what can I say we have a dollar store just around the corner? :D;)

comments and suggestions welcome -

I think you can have a cache with that theme and it will do fine! Those that don't want to do the 'ladies thing' can just do a TNLNSL. For a lot cachers, it's the thrill of the hunt anyway.

I think it would be GREAT! ;)

hi there Pip -

Nice to hear from you again -

Looks like she wants to hide a couple on her own - got some neat places for them if she does. We both have fun in the $$ store. :D;)

Too bad yer so far away.

I am new to this -- only 21 finds and a few DNS's my wife has been coming along and loves it as much as I do - glad to see me get some exercise and get some herself also. There is THAT isn't there? :D

She was wondering about lady cachers and I said there were many - and was wondering how a ladies cache would be received - she said the guys could just take something home to the wife if they wanted. ;)

A little input from the rest of you out there would be appreciated.

And hey from an ex-chef I'm thinking of a kitchen theme cache - with kitchen utensils in it.

Hey - what can I say we have a dollar store just around the corner? :D;)

comments and suggestions welcome -

My friend, Indygo, has a kitchen theme cache here in Colorado. Actually it is under her hubby's username because he loves to cook.

I think a ladies theme is a fine idea. Not all women cook though. :D I am not into cooking but my hubby loves it. I suppose I could always find your cache and take something home for my cookin' hubby! :D

Bill's Cooking

No offense and I don't mean to be humorless, but... this whole "ladies" = "kitchen utensils" thing is really annoying me. I can spelunk, raft and climb with the best of you, and I can kick your a** with a well-applied spatula. So, please don't stereotype me--if you're hell-bent on having a women's cache, kindly fill it with stuff for modern, outdoorsy, cool, extreme, geocaching chicks--like mini-mags, multi-tools and batteries. And leave the whisks for the Stepford wives.

Just my 2c

Sorry Folks and especially you ladies and the modern outdoors ladies too!

Hey you confused two separate issues - I should not have added MY kitchen thing to her ladies idea.

They are two different cache ideas and it was not intended to equate any cooking ability with any gender whatsoever - like I said I'm the chef - at home too!

So I hope this clears up THAT missunderstanding really quickly!

thanks -

Edited by CompuCash

There are at least a couple of ladies-themed caches in my area - Hers and Whimsical Women. I enjoyed finding both, and my daughter traded trickets. "Hers" is one third of a fun series that also includes "His" (men-themed) and "Thiers" (kids-themed).

I've never seen a chef-themed cache but it sounds like a great idea. Like a lot of modern guys, I do most of the cooking in our family.

I can spelunk, raft and climb with the best of you, and I can kick your a** with a well-applied spatula.

:blink: *High fives prettynwitty* Especially on the spelunking part! I used to do a lot of caving when I was younger, and usually it was just me and the guys. At first they would try to help me, offer to give me a boost here and there....they finally learned to back off and just let me go - I wans't going to fall behind or wuss out on them!

I also worked as a tour guide in a commercial cavern, and my boss was caving with us one time, offering the same assitance, etc. About half way through the trip he said to me, "You don't need help...you cave like a guy!" :) And I took it as a compliment, naturally! LOL

Uh, back on topic - a ladies cache would be cool, and as much as I enjoy kitchen gizmos, when I'm caching, I'd probably prefer the goodies that prettynwitty suggested - the outdoorsy stuff! :lol:

~Rhubarb

(Edited to sign as Rhubarb - I forget that we have all three usernames on the account here! :P)

Edited by Pilgrim, Rhubarb, & Sweet Pea

Just go easy on the theme-cache thing! Imagine:

a retired plumber's cache with.......

a retired judges cache with......

a retired teacher's cache would have HOMEWORK!

So, an idea for a new thread :blink: gotta go start it. :lol: