Change Default Pq Format

Team DEMP

I mentioned that all the way back here. But nothing has been done about it. It would take about a minute to do.

It also only takes a second to click GPX. How often do most people set up a new query anyway? Sure, it's a minor thing to change, but it's also a minor thing to live with. I know I don't use the loc files, but if I didnt use a PDA or watcher and just wanted to send the waypoints to my GPS I probably would prefer LOC.

If I was on a dialup instead of a 3meg broadband connection I might prefer LOC.

If I had a limited storage space or limited attachment size for my email I might go with the LOC.

If I was using the mobipocket (ICK) option, I would only grab the LOC.

In other words, I doubt you can please everyone. Since that isn't going to happen, you might as well default to the smaller file size and easier format for many people. For all the power users know, LOC may even really be the more popular format for PQs. I have no way of knowing if that is the case or not, but judging by the large number of premium members that don't use PQs, and still grab 20 cache LOCs from the search page, this really wouldnt surprise me if it were.

Edited by Mopar
I checked into this and there is now a 2/1 ratio of GPX users over LOC users. So there is a valid reason to switch the default for users. I'll make the change.

That was fast!

Hmmmmmm.... lets try this....

What percentage of users download PQs of their finds and wish archived caches were included? :P

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

I checked into this and there is now a 2/1 ratio of GPX users over LOC users. So there is a valid reason to switch the default for users. I'll make the change.

That was fast!

What percentage of users download PQs of their finds and wish archived caches were included? :D

Or at least export archived caches for 1 month after they have been archived - so it will at least update offline databases like GSAK - otherwise if they go archived immediately they show active in the offline database until you notice the cache has not been updated in GSAK for 3 months :D

And usually after you go hunt it, DNF, come back to make the log and find it has been archived for 2 weeks.

That was fast!

What percentage of users download PQs of their finds and wish archived caches were included? :D

I will dream with you Mopar :)

back on topic

Thanks for the fast action Jeremy :D

What percentage of users download PQs of their finds and wish archived caches were included?

I would like to be able to include archived caches as an option in all PQs. This would allow a program like GSAK to update all caches that have been archived in the past week. As it is, a cache that was loaded when it was active never gets updated. Since there is a PQ checkbox for "updated", that option could also show caches archived the past week.