Update: Most Caches Within 100 Mile Radius

If you can't (and most likely you can't), there's no need to report in!

Maybe there isn't a need to report in, but some of us are going to do it anyway.

Besides, it doesn't look like you can beat it, either.

Yeah, I know, you asked for a location that can beat your example. Someone has. Mission accomplished. No need for this thread any longer.

I find different breakdowns to be more interesting. Here is some breakdowns of my zipcode:

5 miles: 192 caches

10 miles: 466 caches

25 miles: 1236 caches

50 miles: 2386 caches

100 miles: 4050 caches

Considering that about 50% of the 100 mile radius is water, we are doing pretty good. :P

--Marky

Just the opposite has cropped up here too so let me add a nearby zip:  69350

Within 10:    1

Within 20:    1

Within 40:    1

Within 50:    2

Within 75:    29

within 100:  57

Rolling grassy hills and prairie.

Heh, for me to get down to those numbers in 95118:

Within 2: 56

Within 1: 10

Flat pavement and lots of houses.

Some great responses, thanks. I've done some tweaking of the areas submitted, and so far the following coordinates appear to have the most caches within 100 miles.

If you drive right to the end of the Silverado Canyon Rd in southern California, to N 33º 46.5' W117º 34.5', you will find that there are 5,287 caches within that 100 mile radius.

(And keep in mind, about 1/3 of that area is the Pacific Ocean!)

How cool is that?

Edited by Pharmadude
Some great responses, thanks. I've done some tweaking of the areas submitted, and so far the following coordinates appear to have the most caches within 100 miles.

If you drive right to the end of the Silverado Canyon Rd in southern California, to N 33º 46.5' W117º 34.5', you will find that there are 5,287 caches within that 100 mile radius.

(And keep in mind, about 1/3 of that area is the Pacific Ocean!)

How cool is that?

With a measly 1607 within 100 miles of 32207, it seems NEFGA had better get busy!

So, from the information submitted above it could be said that the epicenter of geocaching has shifted over the last 6 months or so 394 miles to the southeast, from Stockton, CA to Colton, CA.

Actually Cleveland Nat'l Forest (Corona area), 25 miles SW of Colton...

But it could well have been ahead of the pack all along, and we just weren't aware of it. We're still looking for a new epicenter, if there's one out there.

Northern California Has a ton of caches also - Here are some zipcodes, cities and corresponding caches: (all by 100 mile radius)

95409 - Santa Rosa - 5490 Caches

95688 - Vacaville - 6316 Caches

95899 - Sacramento - 6418 Caches

95476 Sonoma - 5874 Caches

94104 - San Francisco 5763 Caches

-----------------------------------------

San Francisco is on the coast, so that is a huge amount of area taken by ocean. Oakland had 6000 caches within 100 miles and also has a huge amount of ocean within 100 miles.

Northern California Has a ton of caches also - Here are some zipcodes, cities and corresponding caches: (all by 100 mile radius)

95409 - Santa Rosa - 5490 Caches

95688 - Vacaville - 6316 Caches

95899 - Sacramento - 6418 Caches

95476 Sonoma - 5874 Caches

94104 - San Francisco 5763 Caches

-----------------------------------------

San Francisco is on the coast, so that is a huge amount of area taken by ocean. Oakland had 6000 caches within 100 miles and also has a huge amount of ocean within 100 miles.

The more I think about it, that is just sick!

(Only because I am too far away to cache there on a regular basis.)