Approvers...

fly46

There are also other threads listing them, some even have a dozen or two listed.  :D

And who approves where never changes? God forbid someone actually wants an UPDATED list of who approves where.

Which is why there probably SHOULDN'T be a list. They change areas. They get sick or go on vacation. They quit or get fired. Any list you make would probably be wrong in a week.

Usually bad/wrong info is worse then no info at all, especially when that info can usually be found with a quick post in your regional forum, or an email to a more experienced local cacher.

I don't want to discuss merit of this idea so much, but TPTB have a list of approvers (as do the approvers I assume), so why would it be so hard for them to post it every so often to a pinned topic?

You wouldn't even need to know vacation/sick updates, just a list of generally who's working which areas of the country...again, I don't know how needed this feature is, but would seem easy to implement.

There are also other threads listing them, some even have a dozen or two listed.  :D

And who approves where never changes? God forbid someone actually wants an UPDATED list of who approves where.

God forbid you start with a partial/old list and UPDATE IT, instead of someone just starting over every other month.

MT Fellwalker covers Southern Idaho among other areas.

In the past we have had *gln, Utah Admin, Eric 88LR, and Moun10bike that I can think of off the top of my head.

A list showing approver by region would be a good idea. Questions do come up and you need to know who to ask. Using the approver who approved your last cache may or may not get you to the right person. Approvers should aslo all have GC.com emails. They can then forward emails to the acting area approver for vactions etc. They can do that anyway with their personal accounts, but at least GC.com can administer the account if they forget.

I still like what I posted in last month's topic on this subject, here. Good idea to list this information, but how best to implement and maintain? The long-term territory assignments for the volunteer reviewers have changed three times just in the past week.

This idea will require Hydee's involvement followed by Jeremy's blessing and then any necessary programming changes. Please be patient. In the meantime, no, I won't post a current list. If I had done that in last month's version, it would be seriously out of date by now. And no, our own map still isn't updated. :D

A list would be very helpful. So we might have an idea who is responsible for the approval process in our area. I know CO Admin is our approver but I'm really wondering who is this approver. Is this a sock puppet or the real thing. Does CO Admin know who this approver is? Is it that guy from Pueblo that raises the ire of many on these forums?

Biography:

This is the cache reviewer account for the Southwest and Rocky Mountain area. Finds are posted under my player account which I prefer not to name at this time. If you're interested in credentials, I've been caching for more than 2 years and have at least a few hundred finds.

So what if he/she has a few hundred finds, how about some info on your plants. Because plants are the lifeblood of this sport. If you exist just speak up and let us know who you are.

The topic has been discusses several times, but no real list exists, however out of date. This seems like as good thread as any to start one. I appreciate the problem that Keystone Approver sites, but a (clearly dated) forum topic is better than nothing, at least unless/until TPTB approve a better approach.

One request, though, Fly46. Would you take it upon yourself to edit your OP to add a list there, so we wouldn't have to scroll through the thread? It could say "Edit: listed so far:

Southern California - SoCalAdmin

Southern Idaho - MT Fellwalker"

etc.

Fly46 I love this idea (of couse)

2Est8Attys, We could just type ours than add the ones prior to ours in this thread as I have done below....

Ours:

Utah ---------------------- UtahAdmin

Arizona ------------------- CO Admin

Nevada ------------------- CO Admin

Posted so far on thread:

Southern California ------ SoCalAdmin & WestCoastAdmin

Southern Idaho ---------- MT Fellwalker"

This should alleviate the pressure on Fly46 & it is easy to place the cursor at the start of the ones posted so far & right click/drag to highlight then copy. Then right click on your rely & paste the info under your approver for your area.

Then all you would need to do would be to go to the 'Last Post' of this thread to keep it up to date. Simple & thank you for the idea. :D

Shirley~

A list would be very helpful.  So we might have an idea who is responsible for the approval process in our area.  I know CO Admin is our approver but I'm really wondering who is this approver.  Is this a sock puppet or the real thing.  Does CO Admin know who this approver is?  Is it that guy from Pueblo that raises the ire of many on these forums?

Biography:

This is the cache reviewer account for the Southwest and Rocky Mountain area. Finds are posted under my player account which I prefer not to name at this time. If you're interested in credentials, I've been caching for more than 2 years and have at least a few hundred finds.

So what if he/she has a few hundred finds, how about some info on your plants.  Because plants are the lifeblood of this sport.  If you exist just speak up and let us know who you are.

That is indeed one of the new reviewers brought on this week. On the profile you can see the date of August 4. That kind of shows how the list does change from time to time.

As far as plants at the mtn-man household, we have several Japanese maple varieties at our house with camilias, magnolias, dogwoods and the good old GA pine trees. We cut down 11 pines that were very close to our house after the last ice storm. That opened things up for us a ton. We have a ton of stargazer lillies spread around. We also have regular day lillies and japanese iris plants in the front and back. We also have creeping gardenias, hostas, lantana, joseph's coat and ornamental blue fescue plants surrounding a small Japanese maple in our front flower bed by our front door. We have a spiraea bush and several azalias around a very large beautiful Japanese maple in the old front pine island. On the side of the house we have an old crape myrtle which is now about 30 feet tall. Next to it is a large forsythia bush, and we have some more in the back yard too. We have a weeping sepentine birch tree and three varieties of Japanese maples with too many other plants in the back to mention as well.

Want to see some pictures too? :D:D

2Est8Attys, We could just type ours than add the ones prior to ours in this thread as I have done below....

Ours:

Posted so far on thread:

This should alleviate the pressure on Fly46 & it is easy to place the cursor at the start of the ones posted so far & right click/drag to highlight then copy. Then right click on your rely & paste the info under your approver for your area.

Then all you would need to do would be to go to the 'Last Post' of this thread to keep it up to date. Simple & thank you for the idea. :D

Shirley~

How funny that you list CO Admin for Arizona and Nevada but fail to mention that he's the approver for Colorado, too! :D

I still like what I posted in last month's topic on this subject, here. Good idea to list this information, but how best to implement and maintain? The long-term territory assignments for the volunteer reviewers have changed three times just in the past week.

This idea will require Hydee's involvement followed by Jeremy's blessing and then any necessary programming changes. Please be patient. In the meantime, no, I won't post a current list. If I had done that in last month's version, it would be seriously out of date by now. And no, our own map still isn't updated. :D

Part of the problem with this topic is that areas are changing. You also have people saying who the reviewers are for regions when they are not exactly sure if that information is correct. I can tell you that some of the information listed on this page is incorrect. It is not my business to say what I think is incorrect information or what is correct information. That is up to Hydee and Groundspeak.

If a list is to be developed it should come from Groundspeak.

Speculation could lead to incorrect information.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what does it really matter.

The volunteer reviewer for Ohio was "drafted" like RoboCop and has brain implants that have gone slightly "off". We think they're trying to reprogram he/she/it/them with little result. They even called he/she/it/them back to the factory and gave up, or so I hear.

In any event, knowing who is reviewing caches may be interesting, but does it really affect anything? I know that if I place a cache in Wisconsin, it won't get approval no matter what because I'm not from there, so why should it matter to me who's doing it?

But I've probably got a screw loose. Can the same explanation explain why I care that you care about this? That's what actually troubling to me.

mtn-man, that just goes to show that Athena is quite the well-qualified horticulturalist. And my ex? She's five syllables short of being a horticulturalist.

The only plants outside my townhouse are a narrow strip of grass, some weeds, and some privet hedges along the driveway. The power company cut down our front yard shade tree when doing repairs to the main circuit a few weeks back. I feel so..... naked.

I would plant a garden of some sort, but it would interfere with geocaching.

Ours:

Posted so far on thread:

Shirley~

How funny that you list CO Admin for Arizona and Nevada but fail to mention that he's the approver for Colorado, too! :D

Ahhh...but Saxman, We have NOT placed any caches in Colorado! So, we do not have His 'approved by' at the bottom of one. I only listed the ones where we have placed caches & have these guys at the bottom of the pages. :D

Maybe I'm missing something, but what does it really matter.

The volunteer reviewer for Ohio was "drafted" like RoboCop and has brain implants that have gone slightly "off". We think they're trying to reprogram he/she/it/them with little result. They even called he/she/it/them back to the factory and gave up, or so I hear.

In any event, knowing who is reviewing caches may be interesting, but does it really affect anything? I know that if I place a cache in Wisconsin, it won't get approval no matter what because I'm not from there, so why should it matter to me who's doing it?

But I've probably got a screw loose. Can the same explanation explain why I care that you care about this? That's what actually troubling to me.

Your Ohio caches won't be approved either. Not because you don't live there -- you do -- but rather because I just don't like you.

OK, so I am the Ohio reviewer, along with Western Pennsylvania (a recent change, I used to cover the whole state) and West Virginia (a recent change, territory moved from the Maryland reviewer to me when he took a break).

And yeah, my circuitry needed some reprogramming, and I was sent back to the factory in Seattle. Unfortunately, before Jeremy and Elias could perform the needed repairs, Criminal and his minions intercepted me. I'm reprogrammed, but I'm a loose cannon now. And I like girls. I like them a lot.

A list would be very helpful. So we might have an idea who is responsible for the approval process in our area. I know CO Admin is our approver but I'm really wondering who is this approver. Is this a sock puppet or the real thing. Does CO Admin know who this approver is? Is it that guy from Pueblo that raises the ire of many on these forums?

Biography:

So what if he/she has a few hundred finds, how about some info on your plants. Because plants are the lifeblood of this sport. If you exist just speak up and let us know who you are.

YEs I know who he is.

No he isnt from Colorado.

...And I like girls. I like them a lot.

And Hamsters? See, attitudes toward important things like these would be important to me. But where they disallow cache placements (since I know I'll never have another approved ever again) really doesn't matter. I suppose beer preference should matter since I keep trying to bribe with beer. IC or RR might be the way to go in WPA, but maybe exotic Yuengling.

But, so something I say stays on topic... (something I'm not known for locally, BTW.)

Again, why does this matter?

Ahhh...but Saxman, We have NOT placed any caches in Colorado! So, we do not have His 'approved by' at the bottom of one. I only listed the ones where we have placed caches & have these guys at the bottom of the pages. :D

:D

...And I like girls.  I like them a lot.

And Hamsters? See, attitudes toward important things like these would be important to me. But where they disallow cache placements (since I know I'll never have another approved ever again) really doesn't matter. I suppose beer preference should matter since I keep trying to bribe with beer. IC or RR might be the way to go in WPA, but maybe exotic Yuengling.

But, so something I say stays on topic... (something I'm not known for locally, BTW.)

Again, why does this matter?

Wouldn't your hamster speculation best be posted to the "Mystery Rodent" thread?

Hmmmmm

For that matter, should we just take "Mystery Rodent" and "Who are the Approvers" and merge them together? :D

After many months of grueling research and work I have compiled a comprehensive map of the approver regions. Granted this list may be slightly off the mark. I have very little first hand experience with any approver outside my area. I have done my best; I apologize in advance for any errors in the following data.

21c5584a-5d10-4abe-88b8-e7b3b89d3458.jpg

Obviously I am in the process of submitting a new cache. :D

This guy is one of the approvers for Texas:

. . .

BTW- He was voted best approver (by a landslide) in an El Diablo contest.

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but this would add:

Texas - 9key

Posted so far on thread:

Edit: to follow 2oldfart's lead

Edited by Sputnik 57

Yes, I review caches in Texas on the rare occasion when I'm not geocaching, working, sleeping, or tending to my plants which include 4 o'clocks, tomatos, and catnip. There's also a shiny-leafed plant of some sort on the patio but I have no idea what it called.

BTW, Snoogans I *do* have a butt-crack picture of you....

Should I post it?

California's reviwers:

SoCalAdmin - Southern California (approver of 0 of my 9 caches)

Hemlock - Northern California (approver of 7 of my 9 caches)

WestCoastAdmin - Both (approver of one of my 9 caches)

If my math is correct (and I wear Teva's, so I can count to 20 real well) that's only eight - who's the ninth? Inquiring minds want to know.

California's reviwers:

SoCalAdmin - Southern California (approver of 0 of my 9 caches)

Hemlock - Northern California (approver of 7 of my 9 caches)

WestCoastAdmin - Both (approver of one of my 9 caches)

If my math is correct (and I wear Teva's, so I can count to 20 real well) that's only eight - who's the ninth? Inquiring minds want to know.

I didn't think anyone would catch that :smile:

Tennessee Geocacher approved one of our hides when the others were very busy. I think his/her normal approving area is around Tennessee.... But that's only a guess :ph34r:

Tennessee Geocacher approved one of our hides when the others were very busy. I think his/her normal approving area is around Tennessee.... But that's only a guess :smile:

I think they were supposed to be called caches. Now we have hides used to describe what they are. And it helps to have a thick hide when you go to these forums. I think its time I left these forums to go take a long hike.

...If a list is to be developed it should come from Groundspeak. 

Speculation could lead to incorrect information.

Groundspeak should develop and maintain the list. However since they have'nt or won't and there is a need, topics like this will come up and we will speculate and email the wrong approver if we have a question. While you can point out problems with the information, you can't blame members for trying to fill a void.

To provide that service is a project like any other, and would require some effort to develop, and to maintain and so Groundspeak has to be up to the committment.

Edited by Renegade Knight

So, to get bock to the topic...

The following seems to be the only ones that we have compiled.

Ohio - Western Pennsylvania - West Virginia ----- Keystone Approver

Northern California ---------------------------------- Hemlock

Texas ------------------------------------------------ 9key

Southwest & Rocky Mountain area ----------------- RockyMtnReviewer

& Mountains Back East (Where there are bunches of plants) ----------------- mtn-man???????????

Utah -------------------------------------------------- UtahAdmin

Arizona - Nevada - Colorado ------------------------ CO Admin

Southern California ---------------------------------- SoCalAdmin & WestCoastAdmin

Southern Idaho -------------------------------------- MT Fellwalker"

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anyone want to correct any of it for us or add to it??

Oh, to Bjoun74 from Ohio & to any others who might be confused as to why a list would be wanted by 'Oldies' as well as by 'Newbies'..

This is to clarify = It would be nice to have a listing so we might be able to ask a question (if one arises) or get Pre-Approval. (in other words - run an idea by the approver for your area before bothering to place it & get the go-ahead. This is much easier than placing it & sitting on pins & needles & then just having to go retrieve it, IF it doesn't get approved). Understand now? & I do NOT care if changes are being made all the time. If I get an E-Mail returned, as in NOT deliverable, to an approver, then I will send it to Geocaching.com & have them forward it to the correct approver or not.

What is so hard to understand? You are starting to make me go :smile:

:ph34r: Shirley~ ;)

Edit to include cute little WACKO guys.

Edited by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders)

Don’t get me wrong. The less than 1% of GC.com users that use the forums already have a pretty good idea of how to contact an approver. For the other 99+% of GC.com users this list will never be seen.

Keep making your little list but it doesn’t seem to be anything more then an exercise in list making.

Don’t get me wrong. The less than 1% of GC.com users that use the forums already have a pretty good idea of how to contact an approver. For the other 99+% of GC.com users this list will never be seen.

Keep making your little list but it doesn’t seem to be anything more then an exercise in list making.

But they say exercise is good for the mind and body.....an ample explanation of my loopy mind and worn out body.

KS=*gln (aka, the Greatest Approver of all Time Ever!!!!) </shameless brown-nosing>

For once I agree with you. :smile::ph34r: Well said, Harrald

So, to get bock to the topic...

The following seems to be the only ones that we have compiled.

Ohio - Western Pennsylvania - West Virginia ----- Keystone Approver

Northern California ---------------------------------- Hemlock     

Texas ------------------------------------------------ 9key

Southwest & Rocky Mountain area ----------------- RockyMtnReviewer (totaly wrong but good try)

Mountains Back East (Where there are bunches of plants) ----------------- mtn-man???????????

Utah -------------------------------------------------- UtahAdmin

Arizona - Nevada - Colorado ------------------------ CO Admin (missing at least one)

Southern California ---------------------------------- SoCalAdmin & WestCoastAdmin

Southern Idaho -------------------------------------- MT Fellwalker"

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anyone want to correct any of it for us or add to it??

Oh, to Bjoun74 from Ohio & to any others who might be confused as to why a list would be wanted by 'Oldies' as well as by 'Newbies'..

This is to clarify = It would be nice to have a listing so we might be able to ask a question (if one arises) or get Pre-Approval. (in other words - run an idea by the approver for your area before bothering to place it & get the go-ahead. This is much easier than placing it & sitting on pins & needles &  then just having to go retrieve it, IF it doesn't get approved). Understand now? & I do NOT care if changes are being made all the time. If I get an E-Mail returned, as in NOT deliverable, to an approver, then I will send it to Geocaching.com & have them forward it to the correct approver or not.

What is so hard to understand? You are starting to make me go :smile:

:ph34r: Shirley~ ;)

Edit to include cute little WACKO guys.

corrections