Re-rate My Hides To 5 X 5 For This Weekend

SeaTrout

I guess I will have to re-rate my my cache hides to 5 difficulty and 5 terrain for this weekend. I should go tether them down and you will probably still need 4wd or a boat to access them for a few days ;) . Maybe I will convert them to temp Virts ;)

Regards

Seatrout

East coast of Central Fla.

Why would you need to re-rate your caches for just this weekend? ;)

It may have something to do with a couple a nasty folks by the names of Charlie and Bonnie.

Who are they?

Why not start at the beginning when you open a new topic. Not all of us have heard this before ;)

My apologies. Bonnie and Charlie are the 2 hurricanes currently enroute for Florida.

Why would you need to re-rate your caches for just this weekend? ;)

It may have something to do with a couple a nasty folks by the names of Charlie and Bonnie.

Who are they?

Why not start at the beginning when you open a new topic. Not all of us have heard this before ;)

My apologies. Bonnie and Charlie are the 2 hurricanes currently enroute for Florida.

Oh, now I see. Those of us in the western portion of the U.S. never have to deal with stuff like that, and so we only get them in the news when they're already wiping out the eastern seaboard.

Why would you need to re-rate your caches for just this weekend? :P

Who are they?

Why not start at the beginning when you open a new topic. Not all of us have heard this before :mad:

Oh, now I see. Those of us in the western portion of the U.S. never have to deal with stuff like that, and so we only get them in the news when they're already wiping out the eastern seaboard.

And when we do hear about them, we usually don't hear their names, just that there's a storm... The names are usually end information after they tell us about damage and things like that.

Why would you need to re-rate your caches for just this weekend? :mad:

Who are they?

Why not start at the beginning when you open a new topic. Not all of us have heard this before :mad:

And when we do hear about them, we usually don't hear their names, just that there's a storm... The names are usually end information after they tell us about damage and things like that.

Don't you just hate it when the NIMBY attitude kicks in? :lol::P

Why would you need to re-rate your caches for just this weekend? :lol:

Who are they?

I figured it out as soon as I read the last line of the opening post. :P

And I don't watch the news or read the paper, nor do I live on the east coast. :mad:

I still believe that they missed an absolutely golden opportunity by naming the third storm Charlie instead of Clyde.

Unfortunately, the names for the hurricanes are cyclical in nature (they repeat every 6 years) and they're quite picky about those names... Clyde is not a name that ever shows up on the lists, and they probably planned that on purpose just so you could NOT end up with a Bonnie and Clyde heading straight for your luxurious condominium 500' from the Atlantic seaboard.

Not very punny people, these weather guys.

Here's the six rotating lists of names - the reds have been retired: Hurricane Names

-=-

michelle - retired since 2001 :lol:

Who are they?

Why not start at the beginning when you open a new topic. Not all of us have heard this before :o

I figured it out as soon as I read the last line of the opening post. :lol:

And I don't watch the news or read the paper, nor do I live on the east coast. :lol:

But that isn't really the point is it? Sax was trying in a subtle way to remind folks who start topics to make them clear and concise so that folks around the world can follow it. As much as some people like to think otherwise, not everything gravitates in your local area. :lol:

They are going to be calling it more than Clyde shortly. It has now moved to a category 4 for those unfamiliar that is 131mph sustained windsand currently the winds are above 140. It looks like Ft Myers area will get an 18ft storm surge on top of high tide and that is some very low sea level area. There are a lot of cachers in that area. Please keep these people in your thoughts and prayers. The last cat 4 that hit the US was Hugo and it cost the US 7 billion dollars. We have quite a few friends in the area Doc Dean is one that you all maybe familiar with.

Who are they?

Why not start at the beginning when you open a new topic. Not all of us have heard this before :lol:

I figured it out as soon as I read the last line of the opening post. :lol:

And I don't watch the news or read the paper, nor do I live on the east coast. :o

But that isn't really the point is it? Sax was trying in a subtle way to remind folks who start topics to make them clear and concise so that folks around the world can follow it. As much as some people like to think otherwise, not everything gravitates in your local area. :lol:

Thanks, TotemLake.

BTW, the storm story was on the top of page A11 today.

Sadly, the $10 billion in damage that is about to occur will be front page news in most papers tomorrow. As cachers living on the third coast, our hearts go out to the folks in Fla. Let's just hope no lives are lost.

DITTO! The property damage is a given but hopefully there wont be any lives lost.. We've been through a few of those storms that were less intense and they were rough enough. Hope everyone that can, has the good sense to evacuate, being that this is a category 4! Our thoughts are with ya'll over there...

Sadly, the $10 billion in damage that is about to occur will be front page news in most papers tomorrow.  As cachers living on the third coast, our hearts go out to the folks in Fla.  Let's just hope no lives are lost.

DITTO! The property damage is a given but hopefully there wont be any lives lost.. We've been through a few of those storms that were less intense and they were rough enough. Hope everyone that can, has the good sense to evacuate, being that this is a category 4! Our thoughts are with ya'll over there...

Ditto from another "gulfcoaster" Boardem up and move'm out. You will be in our thoughts.

Unfortunately, the names for the hurricanes are cyclical in nature (they repeat every 6 years) and they're quite picky about those names...  Clyde is not a name that ever shows up on the lists, and they probably planned that on purpose just so you could NOT end up with a Bonnie and Clyde heading straight for your luxurious condominium 500' from the Atlantic seaboard.

I like hurricane names Bonnie and Clyde. Since they cause so much damage, they should all be named after real mean people. You know, like Hurricane Hitler for example. :anibad:

Edited by cachew nut

Wow! It doesn't kill the engine to sink up to the headlights like that? It wasn't coming into the compartment? You weren't worried that that wasn't the lowest spot?Whew!

We're getting the tail-end of Charlie in New England today. It's not very impressive now. Not even as windy as they predicted. Just a steady, soaking rain.

I'm not dedicated enough to be out in it today. Not even to test-drive my new camo pants ("Honey, do these pants make me look butch?").

Why would you need to re-rate your caches for just this weekend? :huh:

Who are they?

Why not start at the beginning when you open a new topic. Not all of us have heard this before :P

I figured it out as soon as I read the last line of the opening post. :anibad:

And I don't watch the news or read the paper, nor do I live on the east coast. :D

But that isn't really the point is it? Sax was trying in a subtle way to remind folks who start topics to make them clear and concise so that folks around the world can follow it. As much as some people like to think otherwise, not everything gravitates in your local area. :wacko:

Thanks, TotemLake.

BTW, the storm story was on the top of page A11 today.

Geez, guys, see the little laughing face?

Relax! :P

Bush Accused of Causing Destructive Hurricanes

Florida prepared for the worst today as Bonnie and Charley -- the first twin hurricane threat to strike the state since 1906 -- bore down on the panic-stricken penninsula.

Meanwhile, democratic presidential candidate John Kerry charged that the powerful storms were actually part of a plot by President Bush to win Florida's precious, precious electoral votes this Fall.

"I find it sad that the current evil President, with the help of his malevolent cohorts at Halliburton, is using the forces of nature to get votes this November," Senator Kerry declared during a stop over in Prairie Oyster, Wyoming. "Once these Halliburton-generated storms have battered the hapless people of Florida into insensibility, Mr. Bush will ride to the rescue like a white knight, using his Presidential powers to insinuate himself into the hearts of the ignorant disaster victims. How very convenient that his brother Jeb just happens to be Governor -- a little too convenient if you ask me!"

"When I am President," the candidate assured his audience, "I will make sure that hurricanes and other natural disasters are a thing of the past!"

Bush campaign officials later pointed out that Kerry had voted for hurricanes several times during his career in the Senate.

http://www.drdiatribe.com/

Edited by cachew nut
Wow! It doesn't kill the engine to sink up to the headlights like that?

As a fellow Jeep owner, I'll tell you that Jeep Wranglers (like the last three pictured) have a "snorkle" on their air intake so that they draw air from very close to the top of the hood. I'm assuming that the Cherokee in the lead has the same feature. There are optional accessories that let you raise it even higher. Water can enter from the exhaust pipe and ruin the engine if you stall out.

It wasn't coming into the compartment?
Probably, but it washes out and Jeeps have drain plugs in the floors.

You weren't worried that that wasn't the lowest spot?Whew.
There's the rub. I'm betting someone went over this trail on foot or with a depth pole to check it first (or they are very familiar with the trail when dry). I think the post says that they were coming back, but someone must have tested it or knew it going in.