Road Trip Advice Please

turtlex

I posted this in the other forum, but it might be more appropriate here -

Hey All - I'm headed on a long road trip (from Massachusetts to Montana and back to Pennsylvania) and really want to do some caching along the way.

I have EasyGPS, but I'm very overwhelmed with trying to figure out what caches to download. I'll be passing through probably 10 different states (making sure to see Devil's Tower in Wyoming).

Any advice on how to figure out the best method for getting caches to my GPS. I have an eTrex Legend, so I can store like 500 of them, just where to start and how to figure it out?

Help Please!

Has anyone done this, or tried it? If you have any words of wisdom - please share.

Thanks!

I posted this in the other forum, but it might be more appropriate here -

Hey All - I'm headed on a long road trip (from Massachusetts to Montana and back to Pennsylvania) and really want to do some caching along the way.

I have EasyGPS, but I'm very overwhelmed with trying to figure out what caches to download. I'll be passing through probably 10 different states (making sure to see Devil's Tower in Wyoming).

Any advice on how to figure out the best method for getting caches to my GPS. I have an eTrex Legend, so I can store like 500 of them, just where to start and how to figure it out?

Help Please!

Has anyone done this, or tried it? If you have any words of wisdom - please share.

Thanks!

I'm in a similar spot. Driving from Michigan to Oregon in a month or so, just planning it now.

My basic trip is already planned with a handful of overnight stops. What I was planning to do was enter each of those locations into the Geocaching website and get all the caches within a certain radius.

[silly=movie_refs]

Devil's Tower? What about Mt. Rushmore? At the former, you only have to watch out for musical alien motherships - at the latter you can look for a house that isn't there but watch out for enemy agents :-)

[/silly]