Lime Green? Yuck

tlg

The F6FDEE that you're using now is just too pale in my opinion which makes it annoying on the eyes because it's both contrasting AND blending with the white.

May I recommend Aquamarine 7FFFD4 or a turquiose 40E0D0.

Even a paled cyan ( 66FFFF) would look better...or even just filling the green by raising the saturation to something in the range of CAFF8D would at least force a contrast with the white alternating stripes.

The F6FDEE that you're using now is just too pale in my opinion which makes it annoying on the eyes because it's both contrasting AND blending with the white.

Even a paled cyan ( 66FFFF) would look better...or even just filling the green by raising the saturation to something in the range of CAFF8D would at least force a contrast with the white alternating stripes.

Man, if you think color in hexadecimal, I do not want you decorating my livingroom!

I can hear it now, "That throw pillow could use a dropshadow...and have you considered using indexed color on the carpet? It would look fine as a 256-color .gif and load in about half the time..."

Man, if you think color in hexadecimal, I do not want you decorating my livingroom!

I can hear it now, "That throw pillow could use a dropshadow...and have you considered using indexed color on the carpet? It would look fine as a 256-color .gif and load in about half the time..."

Most of those I had to look up and come from standard hex tables. The more saturated lime green value was from using an imaging program to give me the new hex value.

As for interiors, I go with college collage usually...very easy to accomplish.

Okay, something in the middle? DBFFB2?

In the second image, don't let the color inside of the letters/numbers sway your decision..I was too lazy to grab all of the regions.

Current color:

screen.jpg

DBFFB2:

screen1.jpg

DCFED7 (from CL's suggestion):

screen2.jpg

EDIT: LOL, was using "filter finds" when I suggested the EEEEEE grey which is already used for found caches.

EDIT: Added CL's suggestion....mmmmm, pistachio pudding....(drool)

Edited by ju66l3r
In the meantime, what about the light gray ( EEEEEE ) used to separate new logs and event caches on the front page?  That's a decent alternating color that is easily differentiating and contrasting.

Oh, well, I approve of any color scheme that consists of easily distinguishable shades of gray.

Or as I once heard a sweaty, nervous geek who was wrongly pressed into a sales role describe it, "grades of shay."

DCFED7 reminds me of the printer paper on the old line printers back when you had to submit your computer jobs to the data center and come back the next morning to see the results. What? I'm not old!

But I prefer it anyway!

Nah, you can't be old, because I know what you're talking about....or maybe I just worked for a company that was WAY behind the times at one point......

The directional arrows are terrible.

I'm a bit confused on the color scheme. It seems all of the cache I HAVE found are grey, but the ones I own alternate between that green and white (actually, there doesn't seem to be a pattern). Would it be possible for ALL of the caches a person owns to be the same color??

Of course, using the "filter" on nearest unfound solves this - but it's inconsistant and confusing to see them alternating between white and (lime??) green for no apparant reason.

southdeltan

I can't really see any color except for the white-ish, and I'm not color blind.

And as to the arrows. Depending on which way your computer is facing, they can be scary accurate, or way off base. Thankfully, I'm using my laptop right now and was able to orient myself so that the arrows pointed in the corect direction (thus making my computer a compass?)

Bec

I don't care for the colors ... if one color means I've found it, another color means it's mine, why have alternating colors for everything else? It's very inconsistent.

Doing a search, I see sometimes my caches are in white, sometimes they are in green.

Edited by ChileHead

There appears to no longer be a color that designates a cache that you own. It get treated as a cache you have not found.

You still have the big red arrow and the "Mine" on your own caches. However, I liked it when they had their own colour, they were much easier to spot.

I'm a bit confused on the color scheme. It seems all of the cache I HAVE found are grey, but the ones I own alternate between that green and white (actually, there doesn't seem to be a pattern). Would it be possible for ALL of the caches a person owns to be the same color??

I think we are supposed to hunt the lime and white ones, but not the lime and white ones that have the red "mine" arrow. I think it needs more work.

I also noticed that it alternates colors based on whether it is in an odd or even spot on the list (odds are white, evens are pale lime). THEN if it has been found by you, it is grey, but that fact does not change the color of the one before or after it.

This is highly confusing because you could have grey grey grey green grey grey white green grey...which suggests that the greens are special (since everyone's perception is white is default and grey is found). Instead, you should only have a green if there are at least 3 unmarked caches in a row that would be white (to help with separation). Whatever you are using to count the rows should reset whenever something gets colored grey.

Then you would get grey grey grey white grey grey grey white white grey white green white grey...

Or maybe no alternating colors if you're not filtering finds...

I like the new scheme, though I wouldn't mind the lime green a bit darker. Oddly, on a page with no gray bars, it is easier to see. Add some gray bars, and to me anyway, there is some weird optical effect that makes it seem too light and tweaks my eyeballs a bit. Strange.

I like the general direction, though. And the arrows too. Pretty cool stuff. Thanks!

The colors look pretty good and i like the way it separates the caches. As far as the arrows go,,, i dont see much of a point in having them. SW is southwest, E is east, etc,,,

I like them because if I am flipping through a page looking for, say, "Northerly" caches, I can glance at the arrow and buzz through the page very very quickly. Otherwise I have to stop and read each one. It's a time saver, though a slight one.

I like it.