Come Out Of The Closet!

Ok this is your chance to make your voice heard ……

“Lets hear it for Trees”

More and more items in this forum are being capitalized by the frustrated PDA brigade…its tooo much ! …

“Lets hear it for Trees”

for :

1.They provide the majority of cache sites :mad:

2.The Forestry Commission provide great paths for cachers. :huh:

3.They provide paper ..the original medium for communication. ^_^

4. You can recycle it ..and help the environment. -_-

5.Trees filter pollution . :o

PDA:-

1.Eat batteries… Ni …( and how do you dispose of yours ?) :P

2.Rarely work on rechargeables. :lol:

3.Cause untold stress to their owners. :blink:

4 Consume zillions of pixels from owners looking for help. :blink:

5.Irony is lost on their owners ... :(

Now as a befuddled bewildered frustrated fisherman ... sometimes you just have to smile ..... looking at the uk stats ..the vast majority of us have less than 100 finds /2 years ....this equates to 25 sheets of paper printed both sides ...

So here is the plan …. Take your PDA and put it in the bin ( the black one …its not recyclable , and buy some more paper ( you can print both sides ) :wub:

Go on…….. you know it makes sense .

Have a notebook in the company van so a PDA seemed a bit of a waste. Got Mobipocket for the PC installed so have all the Pocket Queries I need. Problem is, not very easy to carry a notebook around while caching. Need a way to print cache pages on the move!!

Bought (sorry, company bought) a 12v to 240v inverter, have the old HP 870C in the footwell, and can now print a cache page on the move :P:blink:

Who needs a PDA :blink:

Just need to make some room for all the reams of paper I need to carry :(:lol:

Nick

Edited by Beds Clangers
“Lets hear it for Trees”

Count me in!

I think I'll create a cache which is called something like that.

I've got a couple of tree plantations in mind and I think I will get on with making a previously considered cache a reality.

It's the wrong time of year for what I have in mind, but that will make it easier for the cache-hunters.

I just need a few rainless days to log the GPS data under the dew-soaked and wet deciduous leaves to get a good fix ....

Cheers, The Forester

More and more items in this forum are being capitalized by the frustrated PDA brigade…its tooo much ! …

A point you may not have considered is this: If everyone stopped buying PDAs, the hard-working and highly skilled people who design and make them would, all or some, be out of work.

Heaven forbid - but they might even be forced to eke out a miserable, hand-to-mouth existence as freelance journalists...

:laughing:

A point you may not have considered is this:  If everyone stopped buying PDAs, the hard-working and highly skilled people who design and make them would, all or some, be out of work.

yes guess thats the nub of it .....make it compatible and you are redundant ....hmmmmm incentive or what ?

She who must be feared …… “What are you doing dear?”

Me “Just logging into UK forum”

She who must be feared ………. “Why ?”

Me “I need some cheering up”

She who must be feared “What will cheer you up ?”

Me “Reading about someone who has bought an expensive PDA toy and cant get it to sing”

She who must be feared “Why don’t you just go fishing ?”

Me “OK … sounds good to me”

Trees??  :D

Hate 'em.  ;)

let's hear it for the trees!! ... I mean, when was the last time you stood behind your PDA to take a pee? :D;)

Now lets please TRY to make an honest comparison....

1) Paper is MADE FROM trees

2) PDAs are made from silicon = sand.

I have been know to take a pee in the corner, with sand about...... maybe not as often as against a tree though. :blink:

Paul

A point you may not have considered is this:  If everyone stopped buying PDAs, the hard-working and highly skilled people who design and make them would, all or some, be out of work.

As someone who works mainly in the paper industry, I want to put a plug in for all those who use paper (actually, before someone comments - I too use a PDA). All the hard working and highly skilled people who design and make paper will be out of a job if you do not keep printing out those maps and instructions. :blink: