The Ultimate Post

Was 2 weeks long enough to freeze my post count at 9999? Before you answer that, I know which of you are saying it should stay that way forever B)

Since making the Penultimate Post, I've been rather busy. I sold my house, moved out, moved into a rental, and am still waiting to hear about the job I applied for in Colorado.

I've also thought about what would make the ultimate post. Of course, it would have to be geocaching related, that's a given. But rather than one person decide what makes a post an "ultimate post", I thought the community should do that.

Since it need to be about geocaching, I thought it would be a good idea to ask about the ultimate cache as well. Sure, there are other threads from days gone by asking similar questions, but I didn't think it would be appropriate to bump an old thread to make a point :rolleyes:

What is the ultimate cache? Of course, there's the joke version: A metal tube/pipe attached to a railroad bridge inside a National Park B)

But I'm serious (for once), what would you consider to be the ultimate cache?

If the ultimate post is about geocaching, would the ultimate cache incorporate the forums somehow?

Was 2 weeks long enough to freeze my post count at 9999? Before you answer that, I know which of you are saying it should stay that way forever B)

Since making the Penultimate Post, I've been rather busy. I sold my house, moved out, moved into a rental, and am still waiting to hear about the job I applied for in Colorado.

I've also thought about what would make the ultimate post. Of course, it would have to be geocaching related, that's a given. But rather than one person decide what makes a post an "ultimate post", I thought the community should do that.

Since it need to be about geocaching, I thought it would be a good idea to ask about the ultimate cache as well. Sure, there are other threads from days gone by asking similar questions, but I didn't think it would be appropriate to bump an old thread to make a point B)

What is the ultimate cache? Of course, there's the joke version: A metal tube/pipe attached to a railroad bridge inside a National Park :lol:

But I'm serious (for once), what would you consider to be the ultimate cache?

If the ultimate post is about geocaching, would the ultimate cache incorporate the forums somehow?

were you gone???? :rolleyes:B)B)

Ultimate cache. The Original cache. Not the un-original original or the Plaque. The one that started it all. To me thats the ultimate

Welcome Back

sax1.jpg

saved forever

Edited by CO Admin

In no particular order.

The one I can never find.

The one that cashes in my ticket.

The next one.

The first one.

Hydee's type of find is a good ultimate.

The one that converts a muggle to cacher.

The cache attached to one hell of an afternoon of camaraderie that sometimes just happen.

My first hide.

And more.

It’s not really any one cache, or any one event. I’d hate for a cache to be like Michael Jackson the day after releasing Thriller. Not yet knowing that’s as good as it’s going to get. That my hobby is now nothing more than a long slow downhill slide. The ultimate cache is the whole experience and over time what that is changes. That’s a good thing.

I think I've heard of this Team GPSomebody before...huh. :rolleyes:

Welcome back; glad to hear the busy-ness is cooling down a little, and good luck with the job offer.

The ultimate cache? Give me a great hike with good friends, top it off with a challenging cache affording a nice view at the end, and I couldn't be happier.

Team PerkyPerks;

I just have to ask why that cat has 3 eyes???

:huh:

Sorry...

Edited for the faint of heart:

1c7092f8-3ee6-4134-aedb-89570332541e.jpg

And Team Tigger...why is it that every non-geocacher friend of mine is telling me I have to go on the Amazing Race???

Perky Perks , I take it you have never seen the "Amazing Race" . Its like a geocaching trip around the world in some ways , only they do not always use a gps . Just clues and the performing of tasks to get to the next rest stop and or clue. :lol:

the cache at the corner of the earth...

where the sidewalk ends...

the restaurant at the end of the universe...

or, i guess the ultimate cache would be the one at heaven's pearly gates. granted, the whole discussion of what is "ultimate" and "penultimate"...

wonder how you log that find... :huh:

Edited by artbegotti