Mia?

koz

Similar to the Federal Crop Subsidy Program, where farmers are paid NOT to grow anything in order to avoid surplus supplies, I am paying Sparky NOT to post in the forums.

With the exception of a few recent firewall problems, it cannot be argued that the forums have performed marvelously since the poster rotation program was instituted.

I very much look forward to Sparky's return to the forums, at which time BrianSnat will lay fallow for three months.

Similar to the Federal Crop Subsidy Program, where farmers are paid NOT to grow anything in order to avoid surplus supplies, I am paying Sparky NOT to post in the forums.

With the exception of a few recent firewall problems, it cannot be argued that the forums have performed marvelously since the poster rotation program was instituted.

I very much look forward to Sparky's return to the forums, at which time BrianSnat will lay fallow for three months.

I'm no expert (note the avatar) but after something likes fallow... aren't you supposed to plow it under? :)

I'm no expert (note the avatar) but after something likes fallow... aren't you supposed to plow it under? :blink:

I can think of some others in here whose posts would be good for crops!

OT: Welcome back Sparky!

He's protesting the off-topic forum being a "Members Only" area.

That's too bad, I thought he had one of those jackets :lol:

Wrong again little blew boy. I'm alive, just taking a hiatus from the forums.

:P:blink::D:D

Just when you least expect it he pops in a peeks around.

peeksparky.gif

I figuered if anyone could get him to post it would be me. After all, those are my socks he's wearing :D

Shouldn't crap like this thread be in the infamous "Off-Topic" area? It's really annoying to have to sort through garbage like this while looking for the one or two threads that are somewhat useful. 

No wonder so many are reluctant to fork over the 30 bucks.

while i sorta in a vague way agree that this might be an OT thread, it does actully have a geocaching link... one of our own is missing and we wanted answers.

also, you might want to read the Forum Guidelines, this helps us all get along and have a peacefull and productive discussion. :)

edit:

speaking of MIA, what ever happened to Se7en?!?

Edited by ralann
Shouldn't crap like this thread be in the infamous "Off-Topic" area? It's really annoying to have to sort through garbage like this while looking for the one or two threads that are somewhat useful.

WOW, where did that come from?

Wow !!! A genuine SOCK PUPPET ... I wonder who it could be?

while i sorta in a vague way agree that this might be an OT thread, it does actully have a geocaching link... one of our own is missing and we wanted answers.

also, you might want to read the Forum Guidelines, this helps us all get along and have a peacefull and productive discussion. :)

edit:

speaking of MIA, what ever happened to Se7en?!?

There is nothing in the forum guidelines that state that I'm not allowed to air a complaint about the incredible number of non-geocaching related threads that have popped up ever since they started the off topic forum. There is nothing vague about the inappropriateness of this thread in its current location. Perhps if they lifted that silly 'members-only' restriction that they have on the OT forums the level of garbage elsewhere would decline.

There is a blurb in the forum guidelines that you (and others) may find interesting. It has something to do with respecting other posters opinions regardless of the number of posts they have.

There is a blurb in the forum guidelines that you (and others) may find interesting. It has something to do with respecting other posters opinions regardless of the number of posts they have.

Hmmm, so is there a slim chance you might want to respect the wishes of the rest of us, who REALLY were interested in where one of the more interesting forum goers has been, and what is up in his life ?

This is a community, and we come to "know" one another to a degree. We all love caching, and that unites us. Try a little more listening, a little less rudeness, then post here with a positive attitude. In time, we may come to know you, and miss you if you are MIA for a bit.

Happy Caching Noobie.

And when will you return? ;D

And there goes my warn meter skyhigh... :)

Edited by hedberg

Hmmm, so is there a slim chance you might want to respect the wishes of the rest of us, who REALLY were interested in where one of the more interesting forum goers has been, and what is up in his life ?

This is a community, and we come to "know" one another to a degree. We all love caching, and that unites us. Try a little more listening, a little less rudeness, then post here with a positive attitude. In time, we may come to know you, and miss you if you are MIA for a bit.

Happy Caching Noobie.

I have absolutely no objection to people asking asking after the whereabouts of another cacher. This just isn't the place to do so. Pay your 30 bucks and join the OT circus and ask to your hearts content. If you or anyone else was really concerned about Sparky (or me if I went MIA), you could have emailed him (or me).

I would ask you to join me in the OT forums to discuss this further but you don't appear to have access to them. Or am I mistaken?

I would ask you to join me in the OT forums to discuss this further but you don't appear to have access to them. Or am I mistaken?

It appears you don't have acess to them either. So how would someone join you there?

Unless you ARE a sockpuppet and your REAL account has a paid membership.

In which case if you don't want to read these posts don't open them and quit trolling!

On topic I have been wondering where my favorite wet cat was and am glad someone asked and an answer was given.

On topic I have been wondering where my favorite wet cat was and am glad someone asked and an answer was given.

You obviously have the ability to type so if you were so concerned about someone else why not email them instead of adding to the clutter? Seriously, it would have been a lot quicker and some of us would have had one less non-geocaching topic to scroll by.

I'm starting to regret wandering in here to ask that this topic be moved to the appropriate area.

Maybe we should just declare all the forums off-topic, lose the moderators and see how long it takes for the entire place to degenerate into Abject Silliness. That seems to be the course we're on now.

You obviously have the ability to type so if you were so concerned about someone else why not email them instead of adding to the clutter? Seriously, it would have been a lot quicker and some of us would have had one less non-geocaching topic to scroll by.

I'm starting to regret wandering in here to ask that this topic be moved to the appropriate area.

Maybe we should just declare all the forums off-topic, lose the moderators and see how long it takes for the entire place to degenerate into Abject Silliness. That seems to be the course we're on now.

Don't be a party pooper. :):):lol::)

[You obviously have the ability to type so if you were so concerned about someone else why not email them instead of adding to the clutter? Seriously, it would have been a lot quicker and some of us would have had one less non-geocaching topic to scroll by.

As you can see, the question asked in this thread is one that has been responded to positively by numerous people. You seem to be the only one sour on the subject. Therefore, the benefit of it being posted here is that it affects many of us, and we are all appreciative of the info. Why would we all need to e-mail Sparky ?

As far as you needing to scroll past this, you obviously have the ability to read, why didn't you pass it by as a topic you aren't interested in ? Thats why there is a quick blurb as to the subject of the thread.

And as far as " see how long it takes for the entire place to degenerate into Abject Silliness. That seems to be the course we're on now. "

Get real. Other than your griping about this thread, the forums are as serious as I've ever seen them.

QUOTE: I'm starting to regret wandering in here to ask that this topic be moved to the appropriate area.

At least we agree on one thing.

Edited by Captain Chaoss

OK let's go international.

Sparky has "friends" over here in La Belle France so I suggest that Tum-Tum either puts up or shuts up.

In the past Sparky has provided a bucket full of of interesting and helpful comments to one and all and it's a serious request as to his well being.

I'm only pleased that he is well, not like Tum-Tum.

How's that grap you for a bunch of cookies??

Thank you KA, your words are too kind.

It is really nice to see that the people here care about one another enough to put a call out when one of us has gone missing. That is what makes this game great, the sense of community and fellowship with each other. I would hope that if I went missing someone would ask about me, as I am sure Tum-Tum would also given the opportunity to get to know us all better.

Good to hear that sparky was only abducted by aliens, oh wait, thats not right...

boy, what a community it is---sorta like my neighborhood...bunch of nice, caring people and one person w/sociopathic tendencies....why, pray tell, did he visit this thread?...glad to hear sparky is in one piece and look forward to his future words of wisdom, shaken, not stirred...and extremely dry :)

Edited by kosarin

:lol::) very good and upon Sparky's return we will welcome him back with open arms and immediately start a "Mia?, where's BrianSnat?" thread. :)

Sparky was here when I first started and I really noticed the hole when he was gone. Glad to have you back Sparky.

Thanks. I haven't even had time to read the forums for a while, and wouldn't have known about this thread if it hadn't been for my dear friend Upe. It's nice to be missed, especially by snipers.

BTW, is that an ambulance in your avatar, or are you just happy to see me?

Aren't we supposed to say DOOT around here??? :mad:

Sparky was here when I first started and I really noticed the hole when he was gone.  Glad to have you back Sparky.

Thanks. I haven't even had time to read the forums for a while, and wouldn't have known about this thread if it hadn't been for my dear friend Upe. It's nice to be missed, especially by snipers.

BTW, is that an ambulance in your avatar, or are you just happy to see me?

Good to see your shining wet face Sparky!

I've received a fair amount of correspondence, particularly through the "Report this Post" feature. (Please, folks... do leave tummy-tum alone.) But none of it could be called "flaming."

If anyone receives an e-mail that they regard as being in violation of the website's terms of service, I encourage you to forward the message to the contact at geocaching dot com e-mail address.